May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,101 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,513
Posts545,667
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lagopus

I found this add for a 'Mousetrap' http://www.heritageguns.co.uk/Murcott%2016%20MT/Murcott%2016%20MT%20Details.htm This dealer is near me but I think the price a bit ambitious. I have chance of a 12 bore in good order for around 1,000. Here's another at an even more fantastic price! http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-fo...un_id=100490220 A hammer gun again rather expensive. http://www.heritageguns.co.uk/Murcott%2012%20Hgun/Murcott%2012%20Hgun%20Details.htm

Lagopus, I greatly appreciate my stock being used to illustrate a posting but I would appreciate it if you constrained your comments to the quality, or otherwise, of the gun and its restoration rather than the price.
I have no doubt that you have access to some guns of fabulously good value but I would ask how much work has been put into their restoration, reproof etc and then their export, shipping and customs costs paid, to the USA for display and testing by any prospective purchaser.
I do not claim to sell cheap guns, however I am regularly assured by clients and colleagues that they represent excellent value in the US market place considering the work that has been put into them.
By the way, the two Mousetraps you mentioned are one and the same, the prices are near identical, one in 's the other in $'s.
And lastly, although all distance is relative, since when has Derbyshire been close to Suffolk?

Last edited by Toby Barclay; 06/01/16 04:12 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Toby, apologies and noted. When I threw up a few examples I found your example and just glanced at the web address which bears a remarkable similarity to a home dealer not far from me. The reason I thought the price a 'bit ambitious' is because I was recently offered a rather nice clean example in its original two tier case for 1,200. It now appears that I had seriously underestimated the potential value of these guns as a result. As you know they don't come to light all that often and so there is little to go on as to value. Agreed, shipping etc. can add a lot to the expenses incurred which have to be taken into account. That is probably why you are a successful and respected dealer and me a mere humble collector. I stand admonished. Lagopus.....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lagopus, not a problem, probably got out of the wrong side of bed yesterday!
In all honesty, I am often shocked by the cost of some guns once everything has been factored in but what can one do...? Sell them at a loss?
The biggest problem facing restorers such as myself is finding potential stock at sensible prices. The 'retail' nature of the auctions prices has become a huge problem for the trade nowadays.
All the best.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice, refreshingly nice, dialogue

Berrien

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Berrien Moore
Nice, refreshingly nice, dialogue

Berrien

+1 - There are a few individuals on this and other forums who could do with lessons in decent behaviour, but as stated - this is as things should be and a lesson to all - a 'point' made politely, an apology offered - and a polite acceptance.

As you say - nice to see and read.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you Lagopus & Toby

What a pleasure to read an exchange free of contention. Your intelligent and civilized exchange is an example to us all.

Made me proud to be British which, lets face it, does not happen too often.

Doug Tate

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.