May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Ian Forrester, Lloyd3, Mike Harrell, Researcher, 2 invisible), 251 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,496
Posts545,370
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm not a fan of RBL's but Gunbroker has a nice 30" 12 bore with lots of choke tubes and a leather covered pad for 3k.
GB 552562562
Also a semi local gunshop here in NC has a very nice Poli boxlock sporter, looks new, with right hand palm swell and beavertail forearm for under $2500.

Mike Proctor
Sidelock
Sidelock

Regarding SC I am going to try a Meriden hammer gun. PS I agree with Turdogs and it is a shame (not a surprise) that Campbell is leaving. The Brits are probably next and this forum will be toast.

Last edited by Judge; 04/12/16 06:51 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I hope to heck Mike isn't really leaving. But way past time to load up the car and pack the clowns off to the circus.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Why would anyone feel the need to announce they are leaving? Why would anyone feel the need to pronounce the forum "toast"? People have come and gone since the beginning.
It is a fringe site (double guns) in an area of interest (shooting) that is beginning to become fringe. There are never more than 50 or so members looking about.
If you have something compelling to add or impart to a discussion, feel free. Or, not. Your choice. What goes on here, now, is nothing compared to what the board was like back in the day. None of us own it, we just participate.
Ed has always been nothing more than a huckster, and the things he has posted do nothing to advance any of our interests in a vibrant and healthy second amendment, or the shooting sports. Nothing. Keith calls him out on it. I can choose to read it, or, not, and you can, too. I doubt any lines would form, here, to buy one of Ed's burned guns, and that in itself demonstrates the value of this site. Like it, or not.
So, if it suits you, leave. We will more than likely miss your input, but, the forum is not toast.

Best,
Ted

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

gee ted, sorry for you that you harbor such ill will agin me and others here...life is really to short to waste time dwelling on such negativity...

and it could be helpful for you to practice what you preach:

such as, "If you have something compelling to add or impart to a discussion, feel free."

so, to the point, do you have something compelling to add to this discussion of sxs sportin clays guns? if not, then perhaps it is you who should go away, or not?

Last edited by ed good; 04/13/16 11:42 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not really any "others", if you will, Ed.

Just you. And what you have done to some otherwise fine double guns.

Compelling, no?

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

I sometime shoot Sporting Clays with my Dickinson SxS 12 ga.(from Cabela's). I use 1 ounce reloads. The gun is a bit light for 100 rounds of Sporting Clays. But it is good practice in the early fall for bird season.

More often (all summer) I shoot my Beretta A-400 with the built in Kick-Off recoil reducer on SC's.

On most of the local St. Louis SC courses, one can use IC for most/all stations.

gold40

Last edited by gold40; 04/13/16 12:15 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I shoot some SC with two 16 ga SxSs. The first is the top end of a pre-war blitz action Merkel drilling and the second is a plain old early 50's Simson. I still shoot a little better with my Red Labels, but I'm getting there.

Sidelock
Sidelock

As far as sc is concerned I shoot whichever gun I feel like shooting. What the hell does it matter. You should be enjoying yourself.
As for the unjustified amount of crap posted on this thread,I wish you guys would would grow the [censored] up and learn when to keep your mouths shut.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

justen, i too shoot what i feel like that day...always looking for the gun that "some how" makes me a better shooter...

one of the joys of being a hobby gun dealer is the opportunity to test fire different guns before shipment to new owners...

trouble is, some times i test fire them before sale...often i fall in love and wind up squirreling one away...then when the closet is full, its time to move erm on...cept for the few i really shoot well...those ones keep getting shoved further and further back into a deep dark corner...one of these days i gotta get in there with a flash light and see what i got...but not yet...

anyway, just a reminder, the purpose of this thread is to identify sxs's besides the browning bss, that have a known record for reliability on the competitive target range...for example, parker, smith and ithaca all made trap and skeet grade guns...any experiences any of you wish to share re these old target specific guns?

and what about the win 21? do they hold up under stress?

Last edited by ed good; 04/13/16 05:59 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.