April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (liverwort, Jimmy W, CJF, PALUNC, Roundsworth, 1 invisible), 454 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,210
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I am interested in attending two of the side by side events mentioned in The Shooting Sportman , Has anyone attended the shoot in Duluth, MN or the shoot in Medford, WI. If so, what did you think of them? Also, what lodging is available for the two shoots?
Thank you.
Mike Koranda

Sidelock
Sidelock

Duluth is a wonderful venue. Good targets, good folks and a few vendors. Medford has more events, prizes and a banquet in the main event. Also more side events and vendors. I like camping on site for both events. Those that like motels check the web sites. I would not think of missing either shoot!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've shot the Great Northern ever since they started, and I think all the UP SxS Classics except maybe one prior to that. The GN is a really good event. Well run, lots of vendors with nice stuff to look at (and maybe buy).

Shot Duluth for the first time last year. Not many vendors, and I didn't care for their 5 stand. No menu. That wouldn't be as much of an issue if all the traps were somewhere in your normal range of vision. But with a trap or two behind you and/or on the extreme periphery, you have no idea where to look for the target(s). And I can't hear traps when wearing ear plugs.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike what kind of fishing are you doing here???

I shoot both and both have there good points. Duluth is very expensive when it comes to lodging and if your planning on going book a room now. I have had mine reserved for a month already. Rooms approach $200/night.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow. I thought you could lease a good section of the state, minus oil rights, for $200 a night. Does's the $200 a night include cuddling rights?

Eis Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
Wow. I thought you could lease a good section of the state, minus oil rights, for $200 a night. Does's the $200 a night include cuddling rights?

Nope....! One of the most expensive shoots for lodging to go to and the motels are totally booked! Forget the cost of targets the hotels will kill you !

Sidelock
Sidelock

Never forget, lads, Duluth is/was home to one of the most expensive gun dealers in America- Puglisi's-- Right up there with Kevin's for very pricey items.. So, what do you expect. Duluth is a shipping and tourist area in NE Minn- one of many high priced areas in the Golden Gopher State- Rochester and the Mayo Clinic, Minn-St. Paul and the Mall of America-- very upscale indeed. $200 a night- I wouldn't pay that for a motel room if that price included a "cuddle and blow" with Sophia Loren.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ms. Loren will be 82 in September.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Carolina Crescentini

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
Carolina Crescentini

Now you're talking.

I am glad to be here.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.