March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (eightbore), 827 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,014
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
jlb Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I hope this is the right site for this post as it is a wanted item not a for sale item.

I have a set of 5E NID 32 inch vent rib barrels and I would like to start the process of building a gun around these barrels. Does anyone have a 5E receiver and forend iron that they would be willing to sell?

As an aside what are a set of 5E NID 32 inch vent rib barrels worth?

Thanks for looking.

jlb

Last edited by jlb; 01/22/16 02:32 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

It is a bit more difficult than just finding a 5e action, you need an action for a vent rib gun. Easier to find a buyer. The barrels are worth what someone is willing to pay.

I learn something every day, and a lot of times it's that what I learned the day before was wrong

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would call that a true needle in a haystack. I bought a set of Three Barrel Gun co barrels and actually managed to track down a bare receiver/ buttstock I saw sold two years prior and still didn't find a useable combination.
Finding an orphan to match and of the same grade I would consider an impossibility. The only option l would think is to buy a whole vent rib gun of any grade ( most likely 4) and fit the 32s as a second barrel set or sell to someone that has one and plans to fit it to theirs.
What are they worth? I saw 32 inch LC Smith barrels sell for over 1K. I've bought great barrel sets for $250. I never seen a vent rib Ithaca set for sale. Only takes two guys that want them x bad to sell high.
$500 shouldn't be out of the question , but in my opinion to outright state more might be optimistic. If I had a gun to mate them to I might pay more.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd say your chances for a 5E action/forend are nonexistent. As I recall they only made about 155 Grade 5 NID's and as someone has said--the vent rib guns had a different action shape in the area of the barrel extension--so--non-vent rib guns can't use these barrels. I'd offer them for sale as being able to fit ANY grade Vent Rib NID 12 bore. I'm guessing they could bring up to $1000 depending on condition, length and chokes! Use gunbroker or gunauction.com.

nid-28
Sidelock
Sidelock

Lloyd Christmas had a better shot with the redhead. I would guess Someone with a 5E vent rib would also be asking themselves where they would ever find another set of orphaned barrels.

It is hard to believe the rest of such a fine gun has simply vanished. Hopefully you can find who has the rest of the gun and strike a fair deal to reunite them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Very good advice to you so far jlb. I have been unsuccessfully searching for a set of 16 ga. Syracuse Lefever barrels for at least 15 years. I have the complete G grade action and forearm, so my task is much easier than yours. But I am no closer than I was when I started my search. But hey, I spent a lot of pleasurable hours on the internet and at gun shows searching for them. And I spent a lot of money along the way because I found other stuff that interested me. Is this a good thing or a bad thing???

Someone who has a 5E might want to gamble and buy your barrels to make up a second set for their gun. Rarely are they a drop-in interchangeable fit. They might not work at all with any amount of fitting if firing pin spacings are different. Chances are that the original forearm won't fit with both barrel sets, so they may also need another forearm. Guns that have an original matching serial number factory made second set of barrels typically are worth much more. Guns that have a non-matching made-up second set usually don't have a lot of added value. A smart buyer would factor all of this into what they are willing to pay you. Two nuts with deep pockets could run the bidding for your barrels up to insane heights. All depend how lucky you are on auction day.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a set of 410 LCS barrels that i have been trying to match up with an action or new owner for several years. It is a tough match to make on something rare.

bill

Sidelock
Sidelock

JLB,
I would really be interested in knowing what the serial # is on those barrels? Finding an action to put with those barrels I believe is going to be very hard to do. If you care to, pm me the serial #, I know of a number of fully optioned NID's and would be curious if any are close to your serial #.
Stan

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have an AH Fox 20 gauge complete XE grade early snap on forend and never found any other parts of the gun. Bobby

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.