May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (SKB, skeettx, Guy Ave, earlyriser, Jimmy W, 1 invisible), 750 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,484
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Welcome! I'm fairly new here. I escaped from the petty hyperbolic mudslinging of a popular shotgun forum to the refreshingly mild mannered community of this website.

Glad to have you aboard!

-Leverhead
Sidelock
Sidelock

WAAAAAY tooo many landlubbers on this board, In the Navy what you silly landlubbers call a 'PILOT' is called a Naval Aviator. A 'Pilot' in the Navy navigates the ship through a harbor or bay and does not fly an airplane.

Welcome Bobski smile

Sidelock
Sidelock

Welcome back. Bobby

Sidelock
Sidelock

I remember you as well or at least your avatar. Welcome back...Geo

bobski Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

what a nice welcome.
i was navy 1974-1997.
i was a special crewman in recips and rotors.
worked on suck and blows in mirimar and lemoore.
4 westpacs. uss enterprise.
retired as a master naval parachutist both army and navy qualed.
was navy liason to ft lee us army 266th airborne div (red hats)
i knew all the helo ropes, tested parachutes in china lake, and was stationed with east coast seals/SDVT2 for 7 years as the air ops officer(ltjg billet) filled by an enlisted was an honor.
shot on the navy shooting team rifle-pistol-shotgun. navy won gold in 1995 at the world shoot. im pistol distinguished and now im a gardener.
lol.
well, actually, living in va but have a cabin/shotgun range in the ozarks of mo.
come visit it...
www.vanzantclaypigeonfarm.webs.com

and yes...im the guy who is/was involved with skeetmaster tubes inc.
though defunked and in stop production, i am the last owner of skeetmaster tubes inc.
competition from kolar and briley was too much. they got sponsors and teamed up with some real big corps...and it put this little mom and pop business out.
im too old and too tired to pursue it.

i use to hang out on gunbroker forums, but the mods and some members got way too evil and banished me. that ended in 2011. i never looked back.

i was born in new haven county conn, dont claim to be a m21 expert, but do enjoy the history of winchester in my home. my uncle owned the farm next to the old winchester club in bethany and i was a member of seymour fish and game for over 27 years. many m21's came in and out when i was there, and so began my sbs interest.

so there you have it.
bobski in a nutshell.

admin is working with me to get my new avatar up. until then, i got the old ww2 plane in place.

so, where to begin? whos the lefever grade a expert here? i like them. they are the poor mans m21. lol.

Last edited by bobski; 12/23/15 12:42 PM.

Retired Military Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
https://606f79f3c2431.site123.me/
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the "bio". Thanks also for your long service to our nation. I was in Naval Aviation, too, as ground support. VA205, a squadron of A-4s, stationed at Dobbin AF Base in Marietta, GA. I was there '70-'74. My shop was just across the fence from the C-5 hangar.

Welcome, again.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bobski,
I've been meaning to ask about that, and similar avatars that a few folks have. I have a WWII booklet, perhaps 3X5 in size, that details allied and axis aircraft from the war, or, just after. It was given to me by a classmate in 4th grade, and it was old even at that point, perhaps 45 years ago. The photos in it are similar to your avatar and a few others I have seen. The book seems to have been aimed at kids, and has descriptions of how air power is utilized in wartime, at least circa 1945, or so.
The condition of my book is poor. It is missing the front and back covers, and has been scribbled in by some kid who isn't a kid anymore. Did your photo come from a similar book?

Best,
Ted

bobski Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

i have my mothers ww2 stamp album called...'ships of the fleet stamp album.' in it has stamps that youd collect and stick in it. in there is has planes similar to my avatar.
it was printed in ny.,ny. on lexington ave.

Retired Military Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
https://606f79f3c2431.site123.me/
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: bobski
i use to hang out on gunbroker forums, but the mods and some members got way too evil and banished me. that ended in 2011. i never looked back.

You must be a Conservative. There have been a few guys here recently who asked Dave to banish Conservatives, so be careful. Loose lips sink ships.

Also, make sure you stick to strictly double-gun related topics such as boots and knife sharpening or the Thread Police will complain to Dave and have your posts deleted. Never ever mention that Obama or Hillary Clinton are anti-gun. Oops, that just slipped out! What an incredible faux pas. That kind of talk will get you in deep shit with the Thread Police.

Now that you know the rules, try to have fun!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bobski: I for one, would love to see more posts related to the m21 along with anything related to the classic SBT guns.

I assume you meant single barrel trap guna.

Perly88

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.