March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Jtplumb, Bob Jurewicz, SKB), 331 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#426623 11/16/15 10:39 AM
bbman3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Someone from NY I believe was matting Fox ribs? Thanks,Bobby

Sidelock
Sidelock

The machine went to John Hosford of Hosford & Co. In MI.

He is either using it as is, or used it as a template for building a new machine. Either way, he is matting fox ribs. Or any rib for that matter, it woild just look like a fox pattern.

Call him and speak with him about doing it.

B.Dudley
bbman3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Brian I really appreciate it. Bobby

Sidelock
Sidelock

Was the Fox and Ithaca matting the same?

bbman3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Chuck I believe they are different along with Win 21. Bobby

Sidelock
Sidelock

Now my curiosity is up. LC Smiths were female diamonds, ithacas were male diamonds as I recall.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Chuck H
Now my curiosity is up. LC Smiths were female diamonds, ithacas were male diamonds as I recall.
True- that's why we call them our "Elsies"-and diamonds are a girl's best friend. ithacas- or Ithacas perhaps- are on the male side, as the noun Ithaca refers to the Greek home of Odysseus. Now as far as Parkers are named, interestingly enough, both the lowest grade and the highest grade the Bros. Parker ever produced are most certainly male. How do we, whether we be Parkeristas (fem.) or not, one might wonder. Simple logical progression, my dear Watson. The lowest grade Parker Bros. offered was named the Trojan- As only males wear Trojans when the "occasion arises", most certainly masculine. The obverse concerns the possible gender of their highest grade shotgun, the Invincible. Perhaps a look into our Latin grammar might be worthwhile in our deduction- Invincible translates from the Latin as conqueror- Vincent- also from the Latin phrase "En Hoc Signo Vinces"_ meaning- In this sign I will conquer. In those long agone days, only the males were the conquerors, the female, the concubines- as God hath intended. The short-lived Baker doubleguns were also, as per logic, masculine- as in that pre-ERA and voting period for those who had periods, a Baker was a man's occupation in the world of trade-not in the home of course, so I suppose the jury is still out on that-I'll pass on Remington, LeFever and the Winchester M21 and M24 shotguns pending further research.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

^^ Once again... A lot typed, but nothing actually said. ^^

Most Ithaca ribs have the same matting as used on Lefever guns.

Foxes use a pattern closer to that of Parkers (wavy lines) but a much tighter and finer pattern.

B.Dudley
Sidelock
Sidelock

Brian,
The Crass and Lewis(sp) guns had a "end mill" cut pattern like the Lefevers. I don't know about the Fleus. The NID had a male diamond/pyrimid pattern with the lines longitudinal & normal with the rib.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Flues had the same as its earlier ithaca doubles and the Lefevers.

B.Dudley

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.