Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm trying to accumulate a collection of George's literary efforts. If you have any you want to get rid of, please let me know

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Joe Wood
Just heard this morning on CNBC that Bass Pro Shop is preparing an offer to buy Cabelas. Nooooooo! If it happens there goes the little competition that is left in the industry.

There is Bass Pro about 15 miles from me and no Cabela's for hundreds of miles. I would not mind the change as all as long as Bass Pro does not do to Cabela's what Dick's did to Gaylons. Frankly I don't mind Bass Pro at all.

Boxlock
Boxlock

I wish that Cabela's would go back to selling more name brand items.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have to go back out front and look at the sign to tell whether I'm in a cabelas or a Basspro.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bass Pro is a huge Sponsor to DU- look at the museum in Memphis, all donated by Bass Pro- I believe the rumor- Bass Pro closed their gun "Bookrooms" to get ready for the Cabela's Gun Library take-over--The business of big business is even bigger business- with due apologies to the late Calvin Coolidge--

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

If it goes through I will bet they will close most of the gun rooms. They can make more money with the floor space by selling socks, shorts, etc which are triple keystone and more.

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

This has been in the works for awhile. Where I live there has been a Bass Pro shop for years and they were going to build a new store on the other side of town. Cabelas came to town just a half mile up the road and the project was put on hold. If they merge I am certain that they will merge down into only one location which Cabelas just built.

As the to closing gun rooms they most likely will. Cabelas just does not move that many gun room type guns for a good return on the floor space. Educated staff is hard to find and the Blue Book is not a good pricing guide unless you adjust to the real market. I've seen 500 dollar guns listed at 1200+ and stay unsold for two to three years. You can not make any profit by not selling guns because you over price them. Know you market or die as a business.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A few years ago the gun library in Hamburg, PA. used to have their guns priced reasonable. Now they are out of site and I blame that on the people that appraise them.
Of course their prices are as bad as Guns International and they do sell on there also. Many famous dealers have had guns on there for years.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

I paid Cabelas $1,600 for a sight unseen Dickinson I can't pull the triggers on and now they cancel my cheap shotgun shell deal after they charged my credit card. I'll never place another catalog order with Cabelas. No store in town so I guess I'm done with them altogether!...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thy had plans to build a Basspro in Augusta Ga but cancelled it when a small Cabellas came in. Bobby

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.