May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (SKB, KY Jon), 645 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,496
Posts545,386
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Isn't the OP's real question "How much value has this upgraded, custom stock added to the value of my Trojan?"

Even that is a tough one, as true value will be determined by a buyer to whom the stock work appeals to. As was pointed out before, the stock style deviates from what was put on Trojans originally.

It reminds me, if anyone else saw it a while back on another site, of a Savage O/U restocked with very nice wood in the style of a "Schutzen" rifle. Very nice work, but kind'a the same situation as here.

Regards
Ken

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

A loaded question for sure. Mr. Dudley is correct in suggesting you contact stockmakers directly. You mentioned you have no list to draw from. May I suggest Mr. Dudley is one, I another, and you will find at least 30 more at www.acgg.org. There are others too. Try Wenig's Custom Gunstocks, Show-Me-Gunstocks, Macon Gunstocks, Lee Greenwood Gunstocks, Shooter's Emporium Inc. in Portland, OR, or Stocker John's just to name a few. There are more on the East Coast of the USA I have not mentioned. There really are many still practicing stockmaking. Be advised: You Do Get What You Pay For. Fast, Cheap, Good....pick any two....you never get all three.

Dennis Earl Smith/Benefactor Life NRA, ACGG Professional member
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well gosh darn it I guess I do not have a way with words.
Mother always told me I wasn't the brightest star in the sky.
I acquired this Parker with a custom stock.
I often look at it and wonder to myself. "How much money would a stock job like this cost"
So I posed the question here on this forum.
That's all there is to it.
I sincerely apologize for my lack of making myself clear or causing any confusion. Many of you are my daily heroes, this site is my soap opera which I look at several times a day every day in search of whatever interesting or fascinating topic that may pop up.
Thank you everyone for such a wonderful place to share.
Dale Medders

AIN'T MUCH A MAN CAN'T FIX
WITH SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS AND A THIRTY OUGHT SIX
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dale, please quit apologizing! Everyone here just wants to help with your question (s). No one intentionally insulted you. Most of us have no idea what a stock job like that would cost, but do have an opinion about how much it boosts the value of your Parker; ask for one you might get the other. Ask the Stock Doctor what he'd charge to reproduce it by private message...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

My take is that it does matter what gun is being stocked. Most stockers will charge a significant premium for a side lock.

Just a note, if the gun in question is the Trojan pictured, I'd just reshape the existing stock and for end.

Sidelock
Sidelock

FWIW I completely agree with Chuck H. With all that excess wood it would be easy to sculpt it into nearly anything you'd like. Pretty much like I did a few years ago with a .410 SXS Rossi I'd picked up at a gun show.

Before

After

Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thank you all for your responses. I have enough information to satisfy my curiosity.
Dale

AIN'T MUCH A MAN CAN'T FIX
WITH SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS AND A THIRTY OUGHT SIX
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dale is as fine a gentleman as you will meet. I have had the pleasure of having Dale and his partner do some refinishing work, and they are both true craftsman.
On top of that they live to hunt with their SXS. I think Dale shoots more birds than anyone else I know.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yep. Just have the stock reshaped and case color that frame. A Parker with a hot blued frame just won't do. Not even if its "only" a Trojan.

"Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun".
Sidelock
Sidelock

4to5 Gs. Or more.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.