May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (JDH, Argo44, 1 invisible), 1,122 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,503
Posts545,538
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#396016 02/27/15 11:34 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Amoskeag auction just posted the catalog for their March auction. If you have not checked it out you need to. Some great stuff. Many of Mark Benensons rifles. One that particularly caught my eye was this G&H 03. G&H 03

I had heard of this rifle before, but never imagined the level of quality with which it was executed. Of course there are many fine Krag sporters. Some of Michaels rifles are relisted again for whatever reason, as well as a few that I do not recall seeing at the previous auction.

John

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not all of Michael's rifles were listed in the last auction. They were all taken at the same time but not all of them made it into auction no.104. There was no specific reason other than they were juggling multiple auctions at the same time. I don't know if any are relistings but I guess it's possible.

... Joe

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have handled that Springfield and it is something else for sure. I was a little hesitant to do so even though I was wearing gloves but Mark encouraged me to do so.

His Krag collection is simply amazing but somehow though, I can't quite picture Mark coming home with this RIFLE

He must have transferred it under the cover of darkness. wink
It is most definitely "one of a kind"

The remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable all 'round rifle. - Seymour Griffin wink

Sidelock
Sidelock

Joe,

that was Amoskeag first 2 day auction,and he announced that he was doing 4 auctions (instead of the usual 6),2-2day and 2-1 day,in 2015 as they found they were always under the gun for the next one and wanted more time in between.
I think adding to the "norma flow" of guns coming to auction the added huge (3500 guns)"Stretch" Kennedy collection added even more to the juggling as you say.
Looking forward to the next one 3/28,3/29 in Manchester.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey Red, Too bad we didn't get a picture of Mark with the bayonet on that a Springfield, I think it was taller than he was? You do know that the "home" Mark brought that battle rifle to was an apartment in Manhattan, (to the best of my knowledge).

How about that "Kentucky" Krag. Attributed to Dr. Gary White founder of Green River Rifle Works, the legendary muzzleloader maker in Roosevelt, UT. Most of those Krags are less than appealing to my eye, but there are some dandies as well. http://amoskeagauction.com/105/132.html

Still time to bid on Whelen's Wundhammer.

Makes me wonder if the trend to break-up collections because of death or aging isn't going to continue and increase as we all age. The shotgun market is soft across the board, near as I can tell, because of all the guns that flooded into the US from Britain, Europe and everywhere else when the dollar was strong and everyone had real-estate.
I can be pretty sharp at spotting trends, after the fact...

Last edited by SDH-MT; 03/01/15 08:36 PM.
SDH-MT #396129 03/01/15 12:56 PM
LRF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
I can be pretty sharp at spotting trends, after the fact...
- LOL
So true a statement for all of us - BTW when exactly did we lose ability to predict the future? smile

Sidelock
Sidelock

When our crystal balls got blurry from all the tears we were shedding onto them. frown

Last edited by Gary D.; 03/02/15 10:28 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.