May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (Argo44, Jolly Bill), 288 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,570
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Friend with more than 50 sales and 100 % positives had high end gun for sale with 3 day retrurn on auctioning web site, and nh dealer writes and says hes interested but wants 3rd party escrow agent to hold his money until he recieves the gun and inspects and if ok he then releases the funds. Friend declines that deal. NH dealer writes back nasty messge he's been in business long enough to smell something rotten and if it smells rotten it is. How does that sound?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Correct.

Think about it.
100's of pages posted here about what crooks are involved in what is a relatively small piece of the gun market. Unending critiques, diatribes, and condemnations. Constant threats of legal action.

It's clearly a repository for the unsavory.

Why not protect yourself?

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've had a gun shipped to Kirk Merrington (at my expense) from a seller, with the understanding that if the gun passed inspection by Kirk, seller got his money, and I got the gun. Also promised to pay return shipping to seller if gun did not pass inspection.
It went fine. At least one time, I've had a seller decline. Passed on said gun. Don't know why seller wasn't interested in gun being inspected, at my expense.

Don't care, either.

Best,
Ted

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Is it just me who is suspicious or is Cherry Bomb the same person who also started the other "Evaluating SXS Guns" thread?

Sidelock
Sidelock

gls: cherry bomb aint me...

anyway, back to topic. escrow service protects buyer from seller with little or no track record. third party holds funds until buyer requests release of funds to seller or back to buyer.

perhaps if buyer and seller can get on the phone and establish mutual trust, and exchange references, then a deal may happen..like back in the old days before we used these damn computers.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

So, would you agree to let a buyer do that with a gun YOU were trying to sell, ed, use an escrow service I mean? I think we already know the answer to that one.

You have one set of rules for selling and another for buying. You know good and well that you would not pay the prices you ask (for the same gun) if it were you buying it.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 02/10/15 04:30 PM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

well stan, no i would not sell with escrow service involved...if my track record and references are not good for buyer, then he sounds like the kind of person i should avoid doing business with.

and yes, i do like to buy at a lower price than what i sell for. i like consignments even better.

it is fun to make a sale. and it is more fun to also make a profit on the deal...

and dudley, sorry, i did not take your advise here.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

I should have answered in a less joking fashion.

The seller is being asked to extend credit to someone they don't know.

The buyer is being asked for CIA from someone they don't know, but who does seem to have a picture of an item.

In today's world, "How do you bridge this gap?"

Once you go beyond credit card dispute limits, there aren't as many options, yet, the stakes are higher.

I pay the fee to have the item sent to a well respected local gunshop. The disinterested 3rd party.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GLS
Is it just me who is suspicious or is Cherry Bomb the same person who also started the other "Evaluating SXS Guns" thread?

Gil, I'm positive the two are different people. They have completely different styles of writing and the OP by CB is consistent with his past posts. CB is not Ed.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

When a gun starts to go over a certain significant sum ($2000 for some, $10,000 or more for others) then the risk to everybody involved starts to go up. If the seller isn't a known entity with a proven track record, then I can see where a neutral 3rd party might help facilitate the transaction. At some point, the risk factor outweighs cost and inconvenience.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 02/11/15 03:23 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.