Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Have a look at the Hot's website. They have introduced a new feature.

I have found in the past that clients get confused about the total cost of a gun when calculating commission, VAT, import VAT and whatever else may be pertinent.

Well, Holt's have introduced an automated solution. All you do is click on the lot you are interested in, the page comes up, you look at teh photos and read the description. Look to the lower bit of the page and you have two calculator options.

1 = Total Price Calculator
2 = Maximum Bid Calculator

With the first, you put in the bid you want to put on and it tells you how much you will actually have to pay.

The second option enables you to put down your maximum spend and it tells you what to bit up to.

Looks very simple and works nicely. Makes everything transparent, which has to be a good thing!.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Now that is a welcome feature that will be put to good use.

Good Shooting
T.C.
The Green Isle
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think this is a great new tool.
Now my question is, do others on the board have a feeling as to the integrity of the online bidding process of placing a maximum high bid. Is Holt's (and other auction houses) trustworthy to not bid up to the max online bids they are holding? I believe sites such as eBay protect this process but am unsure about the live gun auction houses. Does anyone have sufficient experience here to comment in this regard?

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I can't comment on the gun auction houses, but a friend who is a dealer in high dollar collectibles has advised me to have someone on the floor to place the bids and observe the bidding. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree having someone bid in person is the way to go. I recently placed an online bid for a very fine Arrieta shotgun several days before the live auction. The gun sold for an amount equal to my max. bid but I didn't win it and was told I lost because there was a tie with a live bidder at the auction.

Nothing the government gives you is free.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have had good success joining the auction by phone. For Bonhams and Holts I've never had any thought of an unfair process. Small Bore represents commission clients at auctions if you need a known representative on site - none better!

DDA

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.