April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Gunning Bird, Fudd, Jtplumb, Marks_21, 2 invisible), 482 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,473
Posts545,159
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ken61 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

At a gunshow last weekend I talked to a couple of dealers that recommended the show for those interested in older guns and vintage doubles. Evidently it's been held in a school in earlier years, and is moving to a bigger school for the show next March. Anyone been there?

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I haven't been there but have a couple friends that don't miss it. They say it's a great show and really enjoy the ladies homemade pies.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No, but it does my spirit good to realize there are still gun shows where one can find interesting guns. The ones they have here are expensive flea markets full of overpriced military style rifles, handguns, clothing, parts, jewelry, knives, coins,...... sick

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm kind of surprised to hear that a gunshow could even be held on school grounds. I think the law Bill Clinton signed prohibiting guns within 1000 feet of a school has never been repealed.

Many people don't believe it when I tell them I took a gun to school twice a week. But of course, the school would loan you a gun if you didn't have your own. You could bring your own ammo or buy it from the school at a discount. We had an indoor range and a rifle club and team. And no school shootings.

Seems that worked better than the zero tolerance policies in effect now.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Wells Show is great but it is a bit chaotic the tables are set up in the halls and in several large rooms. If you see something you want to go back to look at just getting back and finding it can be an experience. As with most shows lots of trash but treasures do show up.
Cheers,
Laurie

falling block
Ken61 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The word I got was that since it was moving to a larger venue, they would be able to put more tables in larger rooms. Evidently at the other location a dealer could be assigned a nook or cranny well out of the way.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

It was very packed in, and you could get lost trying to find the same table. Several years ago the antis tried to get it moved from the school, but the school really depended on the revenue, word was Tom Selleck got involved, and it is still at the school. The town cooks and serves the food, excellent, and yes the pies are outstanding.
Best,
Craig

Sidelock
Sidelock

When I was in junior high I set up a military firearms display for parents night. We were studying WW II and believe it or not that used to actually be on the history circulum. If a student tried that today the Libtards would insure that the school went into lockdown mode.
I wish I had some pictures of this but sadly I don't.
Time frame around 1957 and in Massachusetts yet!
I personally think firearms shows are a permutation of Greshams Law that bad money drives out good money. Think pre 1964 silver coinage here. What's left at gun shows for the most part are the guns that have been culled from collections for various reasons usually bad ones.
Jim

Last edited by James M; 11/18/14 09:56 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Boxlock
Boxlock

I grew up just down the road from Wells in Kiester,Mn. Yes we are right down in the butt end of the state. Wells just built a brand new school so I imagine that is where the new gunshow will be held. This area used to be great pheasant hunting,but now every last square foot of land is farmed.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.