April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Parabola), 333 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,474
Posts545,168
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#33139 03/29/07 09:23 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

...that a high percentage of them are going down the road from the original owners. A bunch of them for sale right here.

A bit sad, after reading all the excited posts here and elsewhere.

I don't buy guns every day. Come to think of it, I haven't bought a gun in a long while, although I did trade into one recently. But, it had been years prior to that since cold, hard cash left my grubby mitts for a gun. I'm pretty sure if I had ponied up for an RBL, I wouldn't have opened the box, and, without shooting it a season, or three, said, "Nope, that 'ain't for me".

But some guys have. Wonder why?
Best,
Ted

Wouldn't be the first time someone got caught up in the hype then changed thier mind after a "sober second thought". That's how auctions work. Another possibility is that with a year plus wait time, things change in ones personal life that may make the purchase harder to justify IE, divorce, illness, loss of income, moving, bought a Boss, HH, Purdy etc in the mean time?. I dunno, just a few thoughts.

Cody

Tact is for those not clever enough to be sarcastic
Sidelock
Sidelock

Maybe it's just people who purchased it on a whim and the lure of making an instant 15-20% gain in their investment overcame their urge to keep it? Or even those who bet on this from the outset? The basic one's I've seen (which I think were sold for $2500?) are all asking over 3k.
What would you have made if you put $2500 in a CD? 5%?

I'm not sure the RBL is different from any other gun purchase. Guys buy and sell all the time. I sold a pistol last week to a guy and 2 days later he ended up selling it. Funny, as he told me he originally owned that same model and regretted selling it.

For some reason the gun game is full of horse traders.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Perhaps some are being sold like an investment, and maybe the others didn't fit the owners well, or they had buyer's remorse, etc. Regardless, why would someone pay $3k for a gun they could have ordered new for $2.5k just months ago?

Imagination is everything. - Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Maybe they don't live up to the hype?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Mike Harrell
Maybe they don't live up to the hype?

That's what I thought, too. I know when I saw the finished product in person, I was disappointed in the engraving; so much so, I cancelled my order. Maybe I should have held out for my 20% profit.

Like the 28 Ga? Check it out:

28 Ga. Society
Sidelock
Sidelock

BPGuy, that's the asking price not the selling price. I'd think so many are up for sale you'd be lucky to get your money back.

It seems that something more than the usual buying/selling pattern is going on. The number of RBLs coming back on the market is surprising considering that relatively few have been delivered.

Sample my new book at http://www.theweemadroad.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have never posted on the RBL shotgun before.
This is what I believe. These are purely my thoughts. Lots of people believe differently. I believe people are recieving what they are paying for in the lower levels.

The first 30 or so were/are essentially handmade guns to quell the noise, and get product out there that would maintain the excitement.
These guns will increase in value. and will be collector guns well into the future.
The later guns bear more resemblance to the Fausti's I looked at recently than a hand made gun. I see that much difference between the earliest pictures and the recent pictures.
The pair at my club were the early prepaid ones, and were very well made. The lower grade unit I saw bore little in common with them. I saw them months apart, so perhaps I'm mistaken.
I am also seeing a trend downward in wood quality, and an increasing level of disappointment in the purchasers of American walnut. I wondered from day one if the supply of exhibition blanks could be great enough to ensure consistancy for the run.

Perhaps I am imagining things, but those are my impressions at this time.
Flame away lads.

Out there doing it best I can.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.