May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (FlyChamps, PALUNC, Jeremy Pearce, NTaxiarchis, skeettx, CJF), 345 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,521
Posts545,766
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

It'll be good to see you again, Joe. You wouldn't recognize your old stomping' grounds here. Lots shakin' at Vogtle.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I plan to be there Friday thru Sunday & I'm bringing my son, Billy, for his first time.

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Both Southern SxSs are great shoots. The fall one is a bit more intimate, but just as much fun as the larger spring shoot. Each year I attend and do a little piece on each of the shoots for "Clay Shooting USA". Everyone seems to enjoy the fact that you really can have fun shooting sporting clays with a classic gun. Nice sport. Nice people. Nice guns. You can't miss.

Bruce

Sidelock
Sidelock

Had a great weekend at the Fall Southern. As always, we shot a lot great targets, caught up with old friends and made new ones. Its always nice to meet people from this forum. The vendors, although few in number, had a decent of display of guns. But it doesn't matter. The Fall shoot is more of a social event and is always fun. The scenery of the South Carolina Lowcountry is just beautiful, the food is good, and people are nice. I look forward to the seeing yall again in April in Sanford.

Adam

Sidelock
Sidelock

It was good to meet you finally, Adam, and enjoyed shooting with you and Joe. I renewed several old friendships and started new ones, and shot a lot. What's not to like? Met some fellow Fox Collector's Asso. members, too. Disappointed that Steve Barnett and Kirby Hoyt weren't there, but you can't blame them for not coming when they don't sell much. Overall, it was a great weekend. Glad that I went.

Nobody beats Rick at putting on a smooth running shoot. He is a past master at keeping the traps running without problems. Trap breakdowns at shoots that Rick handles the trapping for are just rare. Congratulations, Rick and John Michael, on another fine shoot.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Billy & I had a great time. He got to try my SuperFox on skeet & did quite well. We're both looking forward to Deep River in the Spring.

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
DGM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Had a really fun time at the Fall Southern Side by Side Championship & Exhibition this past weekend. Targets at Backwoods Quailclub were challenging and fun and even a bit whimsical with a pair thrown off a trampoline. Even after firing over 600 cartridges, still would have enjoyed shooting more. As always, the hospitality was wonderful. Few things better than a low country boil for dinner, an open bar and cigars picked up from JR Cigars on the way. I already booked in again for next year.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: DGM
Had a really fun time at the Fall Southern Side by Side Championship & Exhibition this past weekend. Targets at Backwoods Quailclub were challenging and fun and even a bit whimsical with a pair thrown off a trampoline. Even after firing over 600 cartridges, still would have enjoyed shooting more. As always, the hospitality was wonderful. Few things better than a low country boil for dinner, an open bar and cigars picked up from JR Cigars on the way. I already booked in again for next year.

In the South Carolina Lowcountry we call the boil "Frogmore Stew" or "Beaufort Stew":
White shrimp (or rock shrimp), yellow corn on the cob, Hillshire
Andouille (sausage), Idaho potatoes & crabmeat all boiled in beer.
(Frogmore is a little settlement on Lady's Island just eaast of Beaufort, SC)

Best Regards, George

Last edited by George L.; 10/30/14 11:36 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.