March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (SKB), 876 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,015
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Old Joe
Must be, statistics aren't taught there in ND for if they did you'd know both ends of bell curve distribution are extremes. High end, low end. Most people align with things in the middle.

I'll tell you one thing that is taught up here and that is manners............. Here, have another Kleenex.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Since this gathering at my farm has turned into a yearly thing, I feel I should speak up. It has always been, and always will be a light hearted gathering. If I want to keep score I will shoot at the sporting clays or trap club in town. A few of the attendees are series sporting clay folks while the remainder like to shoot a few clays during the summer to keep sharp for hunting. This gathering is about bringing together many of us who live in the area that love double guns. It is pretty amazing to find a dozen people in our state who even appreciate a good sxs. When we take our guns to the local trap or sporting clay range we encounter the same attitude you are showing Old Joe. That of, you don't fit in because...... For us at these clubs it is that we are not shooting the latest semi auto or O/U. A day like this means relaxing, shooting a few clays from some fairly hard presentations (toilet shot included), and admiring and shooting guns from each others collection. If that means we are awful people, so be it. I would rather be like that than stuffy and inconsiderate. From what I learned in all my psyc classes in college, often those on the edge of curve are the same folks who think they are the normal ones. I for one could care less if I am in the middle of your curve or not. I just want to enjoy a nice day with my friends shooting, eating, visiting, and admiring everyone's guns.

gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Okay,okay....I have to explain about the crapper. Very simple, we used this "station" after we ate. Some of the "dishes" we consumed were, shall we say a bit old and sat out in the sun too long. And being the dedicated shooters that we are, we just could not waste the time to do our natural body functions in the proper room inside..

BTW, my son Will works for Wade full time. I can assure you that the crapper was cleaned and sanitized by him. Before and after the shoot. Go Green!!!!

Best!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: wburns
Since this gathering at my farm has turned into a yearly thing, I feel I should speak up. It has always been, and always will be a light hearted gathering. If I want to keep score I will shoot at the sporting clays or trap club in town. A few of the attendees are series sporting clay folks while the remainder like to shoot a few clays during the summer to keep sharp for hunting. This gathering is about bringing together many of us who live in the area that love double guns. It is pretty amazing to find a dozen people in our state who even appreciate a good sxs. When we take our guns to the local trap or sporting clay range we encounter the same attitude you are showing Old Joe. That of, you don't fit in because...... For us at these clubs it is that we are not shooting the latest semi auto or O/U. A day like this means relaxing, shooting a few clays from some fairly hard presentations (toilet shot included), and admiring and shooting guns from each others collection. If that means we are awful people, so be it. I would rather be like that than stuffy and inconsiderate. From what I learned in all my psyc classes in college, often those on the edge of curve are the same folks who think they are the normal ones. I for one could care less if I am in the middle of your curve or not. I just want to enjoy a nice day with my friends shooting, eating, visiting, and admiring everyone's guns.

Well said!!! On the serious side, Wade is right. This was one of those things we cooked up while we were hunting. It is fun, no one keeps score, lots of good hearted ribbing at the misses and excuses. The people at the event don't give "pointers" or try to show others how to shoot or tell them what they're doing wrong. The bottom line is the fun and the company, to be honest for me, the shooting part is secondary. My kids and I keep the more serious shooting to ourselves at times other then the event we have every year.

Thanks again Wade for a great time at your place. Next year we should have a bath tub shoot, you know, naked and afraid style.

Best!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg, Wade and Joel, the last thing any of you need to do is explain yourselves. The point and value of your get together should be patently obvious to anyone. For someone to post here, complaining about the standards of your event, only reflects badly upon him.

I think it's probably fair to say that most everyone who is a member here enjoyed this thread. Every year Greg, you start one of the most popular threads on this board, celebrating what has brought many of us together here, hunting with our old doubles. Let's not waste anymore time on one complainer and get back to celebrating a great time.

Last edited by canvasback; 06/24/14 08:38 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Greg, Wade and Joel, the last thing any of you need to do is explain yourselves. The point and value of your get together should be patently obvious to anyone. For someone to post here, complaining about the standards of your event, only reflects badly upon him.

I think it's probably fair to say that most everyone who is a member here enjoyed this thread. Every year Greg, you start one of the most popular threads on this board, celebrating what has brought many of us together here, hunting with our old doubles. Let's not waste anymore time on one complainer and get back to celebrating a great time.

BTW,

Thanks very much for your kind words, they are very much appreciated!

Godspeed!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you canvasback. We have good friends, good food, and good safe fun at these events. The same goes when we all get together at my place for pheasant hunting. I hope Wade and Greg will "cook" up some more fun at next year's event.......I'll "cook" up some more food.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

This looks like the kind of shoot I would enjoy.
I hope you have it for many years, and never run out of those magnificent guns for prizes.

Sam Ogle, Lincoln, NE

Sam Ogle
Sidelock
Sidelock

That shoot looked like a lot if fun. For those who do not understand that type of fun I suggest just staying at work more. I use to put a fun shoot on at a Skeet club. Every station used a different gun. Shells provided. Every gun was different. Station one had a 870 with a bent barrel that hit three feet high at the center stake. Station two was a side by side 24" barrels choked extra full and even tighter. Three was a bolt action goose gun with about a 40" barrel. The other stations were just as hard and just as silly. High score might have been eight to ten but everyone had fun. Men bragged about their hits like they were going for a hundred straight. Fun shoots are social events not competitions. Rules are more made up than formal and scores if kept at all are brags about more misses than hits. Wish I had been there. Perhaps I can find enough silly guns to hold another silly skeet shoot of my own.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: gjw
Okay,okay....I have to explain about the crapper. Very simple, we used this "station" after we ate. Some of the "dishes" we consumed were, shall we say a bit old and sat out in the sun too long. And being the dedicated shooters that we are, we just could not waste the time to do our natural body functions in the proper room inside..

BTW, my son Will works for Wade full time. I can assure you that the crapper was cleaned and sanitized by him. Before and after the shoot. Go Green!!!!

Best!

Greg

It is sooo good to be reassured. smile

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.