May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Stanton Hillis, Hal M Hare, SKB, Guy Ave, Jimmy W, 1 invisible), 997 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,504
Posts545,545
Members14,416
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

PM the S&B ammo was for 2 1/2" chambered guns and within the proof limits of the gun we used and not the same as the stuff loaded by U.S manufacturers but designed for European made guns. No safety issues on this occasion.

Here is a picture of the gun just after I bagged a couple of pheasants with it. It shot about 14 choke patterns with 1oz. number 6 shot: Lagopus.....

Sidelock
Sidelock

A client of mine in Europe told me those Brennekes regulate perfectly in his Paradox.

PM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lagopus
PM the S&B ammo was for 2 1/2" chambered guns and within the proof limits of the gun we used and not the same as the stuff loaded by U.S manufacturers but designed for European made guns. No safety issues on this occasion.

Here is a picture of the gun just after I bagged a couple of pheasants with it. It shot about 14 choke patterns with 1oz. number 6 shot: Lagopus.....

These guns were made to shoot lead projectiles molded no harder than 16 to 1 as noted in the original load instructions provided in the case. I usually cast at 20 to 1. What ratio are the Brenneke slugs? In an H&H paradox you are going from a bore of .735 and pushing that slug through the choke rifling which is at .689. Is that what this modern ammo is deigned to do and is pressure tested for? I would not run them through my gun nor would I knowingly buy a gun that had been used extensively with them. JMO

It is highly doubtful that theses slugs "regulate" in a paradox or other period combo paradox type gun. When in regulation a paradox is capable of exceptional accuracy well beyond 50yds.

Last edited by PM; 06/07/14 11:33 AM.
ejsxs Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

To sum up (correct me if I am wrong),

Since my Jungle Gun barrel bore is .730", it would be too risky to try Paradox factory ammo from H&H (.735"). One way to go would be to try Brenneke type slugs provided that they mike .729" or less and to size them if they don't, then regulate. A second option would be to start from scratch getting custom made slugs, sizing them to measure and reloading and regulate accordingly.

EJSXS

PM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Your options;
Fire ammunition in your gun that was never designed or manufactured for use in your gun and hope for the best, for you and your gun. Either the slug size, hardness, shape or charge of the ammo would be wrong. Or..
Start assembling what you need to load your own. Paradox conicals, or mold, sizers, cases, powder etc.

Custom ammo is possible but you are located outside the US which may pose shipping problems.

ejsxs Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

PM,

you are to the point, the second option implies the long journey throu trial and error, e.i. paradox conicals, sizers, cases & power. (Aside from a local reloading permission, that implies an enormous redtape, in particular with the anti-gun bureacrats now in power). But, it is the safest so far. Any further opinion is welcome.

Thanks, again.

EJSXS

Sidelock
Sidelock

Emilio,
I still have not worked up the loading for my "Jungle Gun", maybe this summer (I'm running out of summers).

My research indicates using a conical projectile .729" as that is the bore dia. and this is necessary for accuracy. I also need to know the weight of the bullet.

Smallbore (Diggory) indicated that he that a "Jungle Gun" complete in the trunk case with the molds. Maybe this summer I will try to contact him again.

Best Regards,
Jerry

PM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ejsxs
PM,

you are to the point, the second option implies the long journey throu trial and error, e.i. paradox conicals, sizers, cases & power. (Aside from a local reloading permission, that implies an enormous redtape, in particular with the anti-gun bureacrats now in power). But, it is the safest so far. Any further opinion is welcome.

Thanks, again.

EJSXS

Hey, buy a sizer at .730. Get some Holland ammo and take it apart. Resize the conical and re assemble the cartridge. You could also shake out a few grains of powder and work the load up slowly, if that doesn't break any laws.

ejsxs Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

PM,

thanks, I think your last commentary is a sensible shortcut considering local conditions.

Jerry,

thanks for tip, I will look forward for news from your corner as well as from Smallbore if he makes public his findings.

EJSXS

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.