April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Fudd, 1 invisible), 453 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,202
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

RHD45 said it for me, pretty much.

Rest In Peace, Michael Petrov, it's time to bring you home

Sidelock
Sidelock

So sad that this must pass. Michael was so free with his knowledge and assistance. I had the pleasure of meeting him at the Las Vegas show a couple of years ago, right after he had helped me with information on a Sauer/G&H I was looking at. The community has suffered an irreplaceable loss. However our loss is nowhere as great as his family's. My thoughts and prayers go out to them in this time of sorrow. RIP Michael Petrov.

It ain't ignorance that does the most damage, it's knowing so derned much that ain't so! J. Billings
Sidelock
Sidelock

What a shock as I also got the call from Mike about "months, not years" last week. The best decision I made last year was to take my wife to Alaska last July and I got to spend a wonderful afternoon with Mike and his guns. RIP, MP

Boxlock
Boxlock

I'm floored. Here I was thinking that we haven't heard from him because he was on vacation or hitting the bigger gun shows in the lower 48. He was a big reason why I shifted gears with my gun collection and instrumental in my latest purchase. Always helpful and responsive to this tyro, farewell, Michael.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Devastating. No single person has added to the historical knowledge base of US gun artisans as Michael Petrov. This is a loss for all of us but also for future generations who will want to know more about a particular steel and wood functional art piece they may run across.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A great loss to his family and our community, he was one of the best of us and will be missed more than we can imagine.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Rob

Sidelock
Sidelock

This saddens me greatly. I spent more time on phone calls and emails than face to face, but I'm glad to have met Michael twice........in Reno and Vegas.

He was a quality man.

Rest in peace, Michael.

Last edited by GrandView; 02/18/14 02:39 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

So very sad to hear this terrible news. America has lost its finest firearms researcher. Michael was so free with the information he gained. He helped me on many occasions and nothing was too much trouble. He even contacted me with encouragement when he found out I have the same problem. Thanks for all your advice, you were always helpful. You will be very much missed.

Harry

Biology is the only science where multiplication can be achieved by division.
Sidelock
Sidelock

"Thursday, December 05, 2002 12:15 AM

Hello,

My name is Michael Petrov and I research and study pre-1940 custom rifle makers. I see that you bought the 1903 Springfield sporter on GunBroker. When you receive the rifle I would like to ask a question or two about the rifle. If you will share what you know about it I will do likewise.

It's a nice rifle and I would have bid on it but could never get a clear answer about the condition of the bore and a few other questions I had ask.

Michael Petrov / Alaska"

This was my introduction to Michael Petrov, a man I had previously known only through his erudite articles in Precision Shooting. The rifle turned out to have been made by Robert Milhoan, and I was able to supply Michael with information he had been unable to find. It was the only time this phenomenon occurred.

At the time, I had been on line for a little more than a year. Michael steered me through the world of internet gun enthusiasts in a way which avoided many of the pitfalls I would otherwise have fallen into. My debt to him is beyond calculation.

He was never too busy to answer the most basic questions I posed to him and never replied in a condescending way. Although I have been involved with guns and shooting all my life, he widened my horizons immensely.

To say that he will be missed is a vast understatement. He is irreplaceable.

Last edited by xausa; 02/18/14 09:38 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

This is very sad news indeed. Michael was a tremendous resource for me in my work and I will miss him. Rest in peace, Michael.

Bob Beach
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.