May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (PALUNC, 1 invisible), 533 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,429
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
DrBob #354232 01/21/14 08:37 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

F

Last edited by Condor; 01/27/14 10:43 PM.
Condor #354234 01/21/14 09:10 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

DrBob #354235 01/21/14 09:21 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

F

Last edited by Condor; 01/27/14 10:43 PM.
DrBob #354244 01/21/14 11:11 PM
DrBob Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Please don't hijack my post.
Take that stuff to misfires.

Tomorrow I find out if she cashed my check, I just got back from Las Vegas tonight.
She initially hawked it to me via email of Dec 27 as an E grade, no photos. Still a 20 grade E grade Lefever caught my attention as the best 20 gauge I have is an H.

It morphed into a C grade and the photos she sent were of at least that quality although she never sent a photo of the water table. Her initial request was $37,000. I told her no way and said that it may be worth $10,000. She countered with $15,000 and I accepted.

She wanted to close the deal immediately with a credit card. I offered my AmEx which is the only card I carry that has a limit that high. I told her I just moved from Hawaii (which is evident on other posts on this forum) and the billing address would be different from my drivers license because my wife (who pays the bills) is still in Hawaii trying to sell the house there. She freaked at that. I said I could send a certified cashiers check overnight. She wanted it broken up to avoid the reporting of more than $10,000 transaction. I refused to do that and did tell her that I had bought several guns for more than $10,000 and nobody ever asked me to do that before mentioning that I only was aware of those kind of transactions involving drug dealers.
I was still under the impression that I had bought a C grade gun that would be delivered via mail or in person at the Las Vegas show. I mentioned it to everybody manning the Lefever tables in Las Vegas. I did ask her not to ship until I was back from Las Vegas as there was nobody here to accept.

I was informed by one of the LACA members that a 20g B grade was being hawked on the floor in Las Vegas. I said that can't be my gun because mine is a C. When asked who was selling it he said she calls herself Ms K. She and her partner refused to come to the Lefever tables with him to show us the gun.
After the show was over I along with 2 other very well known and highly respected LACA(you would know the names but I chose to leave them out of it for the time being)spotted her and her partner in an alcove off the hallway at the Riviera. She had the gun with her. After introducing myself (she knew who I was from the divers license I sent her along with my FFL)stated that we could examine the gun and that she had not cashed my check. We looked at the gun which included looking at the water table to see the grade stamp. She is a jeweler. Would she be offended if when offering an diamond to a dealer or collector he pulled out a loupe? Anyways it was indeed a B grade, but several serious defects were present. There is some rust on the barrels, but more importantly there was some pitting of the top rib and the chambers. The shield on the butt stock had been pried off. I made a mental calculation and said that I would be willing to add funds to what I had already sent her. She, in front of my two companions, agreed to show up at the Lefever tables the following morning to discuss this.

My plan at that time was to have Keith Kearcher (who had a table in our row)take a look at the gun and then make a final offer based on his appraisal of the damage and the fact that it was a B not a C. She never showed.

Imagine my surprise on Monday morning when I was going to the UPS store for some packing tape that there she is charming two older gun enthusiasts. She and I talked for some time when her partner showed up with the gun. It was a fairly amiable conversation with me telling her that after having seen the gun and discussing it with the two LACA members who were with me Saturday night that I was still willing to deal. The number was something between $20-25,000. We left with the agreement that she would contact me later on Monday since I was leaving very early Tuesday to return home. She never contacted me.

I do have copies of every email she sent. If anyone doubts the veracity of what I have said here on the forum just PM me and I will forward the original email to you.
That was where it was left until I got home tonight. My nephew, also an LACA member, called me to tell me what was going on.
I appreciate the guys who did what they did on her facebook page. Those of you who known me or have dealt with me know I am a stand-up guy. I recently retired as a physician and served 15 years in the US Army (I got out for financial reasons after my obligation was done and have not resigned my commission).
If I just get my money back I feel that I am lucky. As to her letter to the president of the Lefever Arms Collectors Association; I can't wait until I get it.

Bob Decker
RP (Responsible Person, we don't have a president)
Lefever Arms Collectors Association

Last edited by DrBob; 01/21/14 11:23 PM.

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com
DrBob #354250 01/22/14 12:33 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bob,

I hope you are able to recover your funds. At this point I wouldn't want the gun, no matter how good the deal was. I hope that my continuous posts on her various Facebook pages helps in your venture to get your money back.

As far as RWTF aka. Runs With Diarrhea of the Mouth, he and this thieving woman would make quite the couple. They both think and claim to be something they are not. He was banned from the LC Smith Collectors Association for his rants and asinine comments on that BBS.

DrBob #354253 01/22/14 01:08 AM
DrBob Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I am sure I will recover my funds (I am an eternal optimist).

The issue is whether she cashed my check or not. If she did, that is legal acceptance of a business deal and the gun is legally mine. If she did not then I assume she had the legal (albeit not ethical) choice to try to find the highest bidder after she accepted my deal.

Stay tuned as I will find out if she cashed the check tomorrow at my bank. I didn't bring the check number with me to Las Vegas so I couldn't check on that until I got home.

Indeed, you guys who have been addressing her on facebook have my complete support and I hope you continue to do so. Her addressing us as the "gun mafia" has done her great disservice. Her lies cannot compete with the truth.

I hope that this would forewarn those who buy from sources such as this. Although this is the first negative experience I have has in many years of collecting, personal emails tell me I am not the first.

It appears that the efforts from members of this forum who have hit her facebook page have her in a defensive posture. If she keeps that up she will never be able to sell the gun.

Therein lies the problem. This is a rare and valuable gun. The LACA only notes 6 of this grade and gauge. However, it is flawed in terms of condition. The rib issue is not minor and then chamber issue is major. Nobody has explained to her the importance of intact ribs on a gun. She primarily into estate jewelry. Trying to ream the chamber of a 20 gauge Lefever and keeping it safe to shoot is a major issue. I tried to explain that to her yesterday. She thought gauge was a matter of how long a gun was and had no idea of what I was talking about.

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com
DrBob #354278 01/22/14 10:17 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Last edited by Condor; 01/27/14 10:46 PM.
DrBob #354284 01/22/14 11:26 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Waiting to hear about the status of the check . . .

shinbone #354291 01/22/14 12:13 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I thought she said on her Facebook page that she put them in the bank?

If the checks were cashed and deposited, then it seems like the gun should be Dr. Bob's at that orig. price.

But perhaps I am over-simplifying things.

redoak #354295 01/22/14 01:02 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

To me the deal "was" closed when she agreed to the 10k check.

I hate to think of what I would do if someone tried to keep my money and my gun. This girl is playing with fire pulling a get a better offer IMO and hold the check BS.

Dr Bob, can you call your bank and ask for a balance? I do all of mine on line and can get up to date info pretty easily.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.