April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Philbert, 2 invisible), 1,005 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,475
Posts545,172
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

http://www.gunbroker.com:80/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=67923909

"RECEIVER HAS BEEN RECASE COLORED USING A LOW HEAT AND CHEMICAL PROCESS, WHICH INSURES THE DURABILITY AND SAFE SHOOTING CHARACTERISTICS OF THIS FINE GUN."

Sidelock
Sidelock

Interesting way to move the lever right of center in the 5th picture.Wonder if that also "INSURES THE DURABILITY AND SAFE SHOOTING CHARACTERISTICS OF THIS FINE GUN." ?

Last edited by Dave K; 03/15/07 06:59 AM.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

This guy belongs in a Afgan gunshop. I have never seen such
frightening workmanship. Should someone inform him about his
traumatic skills?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lever sort of looks like a fish swimming upstream. I can see the new ad: "Lever far right, like a salmon fighing it's way upstream".

Sidelock
Sidelock

This is pretty much a car wreck situation with that dood.

Ya know it's happening, ya don't wanta look. But....

Cripes.

Note the 'airtight' inletting on the stock shield, tang, etc. NOT at the pro level from any pro of my acquaintance, or even an occasional 'gun woodist' like me.

The case-color is as usual. The accessory felony fraud-level flackery praising it's qualities has been on going for some time.

What absolutely gives me the shudders is that fore end. No understanding of 'game gun' dynamics. That two by four is suitable to a trap gun with a pucker-tight pistol grip, f'r cryin' out loud.

It's easy to get exercised and rail against the 'Ed and Company' complicit atrocities. But I doubt that much of the gun-buying public has a clue as to the nonfactual puffery, the near [if not actual and actionable] frauds which the sales author and the torch mechanic are perp'ing, and to the hideous incongruities which they foist upon an appreciative and gullible public.

I would guess that they even have a loyal, if ignorant, following. Without e-sources like this BBS, how many of us thirty+ years ago would have even known or recognized what were the faults of those 'restorations'? True, if you had a hereditary armory, or were a graded 'name' collector, or otherwise had come to know fine guns, 'Ed' would have been noticeable.

That was back when fine condition cased English doubles and SxS's were selling for a tenth, or even far less, than they are now. And don't even reflect about the prices on ordinary field grade stuff. It's that very growth of interest and money that makes 'Ed'ing financially possible.

I remember in the late 60's [yes, I can remember select things from that era] standing at the small shop sales-counter of a fellow reputed to be a 'gun guru' and looking at a twin to the ordinary "Ed" job. It was a field LC, with what I know now was a torch job, gappy stock, coarse checkering and odd wood dimensions. It was wonderful and I wanted it. Thanks to a photographic memory, it's easy to pull it up in the 'forehead screen file' for a fact check.

It was only an accident that I fell in with disreputable SxS outlaws, who savor'd and appreciated the workmanship, design and shootability of those obsolete and cheap non-repeaters. Along with the appearance of 'Net boards like this, the circumstances furthered my awareness of the "Ed" factor. And, BTW, "Eds" still exist at all different levels of the trade. "New and untouched collection of foxes, right out of a dead executive's closet estate. never seem before...etc & bleecch"

"Stone the great unwashed" I say. "Stone them for their transgressions. To the gibbon..er..gibbet with the sods."

My current fave, regarding any number of fitting subjects: "If I had a rocket launcher..." Robert Cray

Last edited by JohnM; 03/15/07 09:14 AM.

Relax; we're all experts here.

Ed1 has a 99% positive rating (855/865). Just sad all these people are getting screwed like this. Maybe some know it's a bad refinish? Maybe some don't shoot their guns anyway?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I love that inletting on the forend latch.

I don't think Robert Cray is the 'rocket launcher' guy...I think it is some liberal lunk named Bruce something or the other.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Classic Ed. Inletted with chain saw. The lever made my morning... I'll be laughing all day.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

What's really sad, is that he is able to sell these guns.
If people would do their homework before buying, Ole' Ed1 would be out of bussiness.

Last edited by Dave M.; 03/15/07 10:50 AM.

PT Barnum said it all about this.

Fred
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.