Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#348708 12/15/13 05:21 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Joe and I went yesterday afternoon and moved five coveys - made possible by oustanding dogs and expert dog handling grin

Joe carried the the Charles Daly hammergun he has been dragging through the BBS. Shoots it incredibly well. He is by my count thirteen out of seventeen on wild bobs. Those shooting lessons I have been giving him are finally paying off, and big time.

Red has the bird. Ginger backing. Joe going in for the flush:

Re-edit of the above picture with the less attractive participant cut out:

Joe hit the bird. Ginger retrieved it to hand but I didn't get a picture of her retrieve.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well done
Thanks for the edit smile
Mike

Last edited by skeettx; 12/15/13 05:47 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jeez Mike, I hope those shooting lessons are effective. Not sure I'd want to be standing where you are if the birds angled left from the flush instead of right. (Although photos can be deceiving. Things aren't always as they MAY appear. LOL)

Does your shooting student know how to clearly distinguish between an AmarilloMike and a bobwhite?

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

From what I hear from Joe, Mike and the bobwhite are both fowl creatures smile

Last edited by skeettx; 12/15/13 05:47 PM.

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Aw, ever once in awhile one of us picks up a few pellets but t'aint nothing real Texans pay any 'tention to. Why, our mosquitos make bigger holes than them puny bullets we use.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Joe Wood
Aw, ever once in awhile one of us picks up a few pellets but t'aint nothing real Texans pay any 'tention to. Why, our mosquitos make bigger holes than them puny bullets we use.

Mosquitoes you say eh Joe. Come to Manitoba one summer or early fall and I'll show you mosquitoes. Nearly lost my son to them when he was about 8 months. Managed to jump up and grab his foot before they flew away with the little guy.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

AM,

When does poor Joe get to graduate? Must be a bummer to still be referred to as your student after all this time.

Shoot straight,

Bird

Sidelock
Sidelock

Same day. Mike moving in on a point. Red and Ginger locked on like heat seeking missiles.

A little later he hammers one with his little 0 frame 16 Parker. Ginger made his work easy.

No country for old men. Mike huffing up the hill after a flush. (I ran up and am having to wait for him)

My Daly circa 1872 with friends. Hammer guns are very "interesting" on wild flushes. A feller sure needs a well developed sense of humor if he's going to use one on wild quail. Cylinder bores handling 1 oz of #7, just the right medicine.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Mosquitoes you say eh Joe. Come to Manitoba one summer or early fall and I'll show you mosquitoes. Nearly lost my son to them when he was about 8 months. Managed to jump up and grab his foot before they flew away with the little guy.

Laughed out loud!

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jeff Kucinski
AM,
When does poor Joe get to graduate? Must be a bummer to still be referred to as your student after all this time.

Jeff I don't like to brag but you cornered me - he has to get up to my percentages before he is no longer referred to as "my shooting student Joe Wood."

I am glad to be here.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.