May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (doublenut, mlaird37, Jimmy W, ithaca1, Der Ami, 1 invisible), 1,142 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,514
Posts545,670
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Kiwi Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

An update: a very helpful private post lead me to unscrew the top turret dial. The small centre screw in this dial had clearly been taken off before. My suspicion is that the person who previously took off this dial then either put it back 180-degrees out of alignment and/or they may also have advanced the large brass screw underneath it, before replacing the dial. There is a stop that ensures the dial can only be rotated one full turn and, if they managed to get the ridge underneath the dial on the wrong side of this stop, that would explain why the scope could not be properly zeroed. With the dial removed, I was able to adjust the large brass screw below the dial a small amount so the replaced dial and its ridge now sits on the correct side of the stop. This means the reticle can now be adjusted to give me the correct zero. At the range this can be fine tuned if necessary.

I had exactly the same problem with another Drilling, so if you have a similar problem, this may be the cure if you proceed carefully.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It never ceases to amaze me the knowledge that emanates from this board. Good fer you Kiwi!

NRA Benefactor 2008
NRA Patron 2007
NRA Endowment 1996
NRA Life 1988
Sidelock
Sidelock

nice going guys!

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Kiwi Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Range report: Yesterday bore sighted then shot until the last fired was a 3 shot group inside 1 inch at 100 yards. The elevation/windage was dead on the money. So no doubt that this was the cure. In a nutshell, I'd removed the elevation dial and advanced it so that it fell on the right side of a hidden stop beneath it. This allowed the necessary elevation correction to get to zero, that wasn't previously available. I'm sure this isn't an isolated example, when just one little screw stands in the way of the curious who know not what they are doing :-)

Sidelock
Sidelock

I regret to say I returned a used Ferlach drilling to a seller because I could not resolve just such a problem about 15 years ago...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.