April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (R. Glenz, LGF), 248 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,463
Posts545,044
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Clapton guns I've seen are so gaudy.....nothing I'd be envious of.

As for the boys of The Who....they came from an era when rock stars weren't obligated to follow the crowd and be leaders of liberalism. Pete Townshend is also an accomplished sailor.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GregSY

As for the boys of The Who....they came from an era when rock stars weren't obligated to follow the crowd and be leaders of liberalism. Pete Townshend is also an accomplished sailor.

That I think is why his pair of 16bore Hollands didn´t sell at auction, who wants a gun with Eric Clapton playing a guitar sitting under a tree bulino engraved, I saw them, lovely guns but the engraving frown best, Mike

Last edited by Mike Bailey; 09/17/13 03:35 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

A large part of his collection was sold through Holt's the Auctioneers in their sale of 11th. December 2008. The following are in the catalogue: Pair of unused William Evans 20 bore single trigger sidelock ejectors. A pair of unused Watson Bros. 16 bore round bar single trigger sidelock ejector uver/unders. A pair of virtually unused E.J.Churchill 12 bore 'Premier' rounded bar single trigger self opening sidelock ejectors. A pair of unused 16 bore Holland & Holland 'Royal' single trigger sidelock ejector uver/unders. A pair of unused 12 bore Purdey round bodied single trigger self opening sidelock ejectors. A pair of 20 bore Purdey single trigger over/under sidelock ejectors. A 12 bore Purdey single trigger uver/under sidelock ejector.

They all seem to have been made between 2003 and 2007. Looks like he just bought them and never used or rarely used them. I would suspect that they all sold for less than their initial cost. Lagopus.....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lagopus you are correct I have the Holt's catalog in front of me
lot Nr 1300 till 1306
Marc.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GregSY

I have to agree, guns look best when the engraving is understated, a little acanthus scroll, colour case hardening , maybe a tiny amount of gold for contrast and that imho should be it. Some of the guns i have seen look like something out of a french tarts boudoir.

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I have a book filled with illustrations of example's of bulino type engraving and some of it is out of a French tart's boudoir! If I posted an example here I expect the pictures would be pulled!
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Seems like old Slowhand's right index finger wasn't fast enough for a Double Trigger, what???...though he could sure move a plectrum ( pick) pretty fast smile...there could be a good advert there..some thing like.."Clapton Picks a Single Trigger" smile
Franc

Sidelock
Sidelock

Marc, I have the catalogue in front of me also. One of Holts valuers lives near to me so I scrounge old catalogues. Very useful. Lagopus.....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Clapton subsequently, in 2010, sold several Boss shotguns thru Gavin Gardiner auctions. Here is a link:

http://www.gavingardiner.com/bidcat/Cata...Submit+now.y=24

Most of everything if not all that he has sold at auction has been single trigger guns. I've been told he "wanted 2 triggers on his English guns."

At any rate I am glad that he is a double gun enthusiast in addition to being an avid fly fisherman. Good for our sports.

Of passing note, a former band mate of Clapton's, Chuck Leavell (touring with the Stones as of late) runs quail hunts on his plantation in Georgia. Here is a link:

http://www.chuckleavell.com/blog2/?s=Charlane+Plantation

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Wasn't Eric Clapton and Sheryl Crow dating at one time? This to me would make a strange duo considering her liberal politics?
However I do wonder how she's making out with that 1 sheet wipe discipline of hers! eek
I will let this go at that so Dave doesn't move this to Misfires. grin
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.