May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Jimmy W, obsessed-with-doubles, 2 invisible), 224 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,533
Posts545,970
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

rst

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Thanks for all the helps guy!
Ed, if you are speaking of (RST) factory ammo, I very rarely buy factory stuff because the nearest stores are about 300 miles away that would even have anything like that, my buddy and I are the only ones up here I have ever met or know of that shoot vintage guns or even SXS guns- we are surrounded by semis . pumps, ad O/U's!!
I do love this pic however, this is a typical evening for us at the trap and skeet club we belong to.
This is a sample of what we shoot
My Westely Richards hammer 10, my friend's gorgeous Parker hammer 12 is second from the left, a really nice Galisi hammer 16 beside that, my 1899 Thomas Bland sidelock 20 bore, and our two Ugatechea 28's
The Westley and the Parker will be booming with black powder and Bismuth tomorrow night, we have a field all spotted out with several hundred geese in it! grin
Davide

Of course I have shot all my vintage guns - what do you think they are called SHOT guns for??!!
Sidelock
Sidelock

Because I also like low recoil here's mine - 17grs of Promo [ Red Dot's the same ], Rem SP-10 wad with 16ga card inside for filler, and 1 1/16oz of shot. IMHO, you can shoot any low pressure load meant for a 12ga. In my load, I went up a 1/16oz of shot over a standard 12ga load. If you think about it, if it's low pressure in a 12, it's gotta be low in a 10. David, now you're talking - shooting smoke. I was on a pheasant hunt once where 5 different guys shot at a rooster my Wire Hair Pointing Griffon put up and when I shot with smoke, down he came. My good friend had a bigger smile on his face than me. Good luck - let us know how you did. Paul

Last edited by Paul Harm; 09/06/13 09:17 AM.
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Thanks Paul, and yes, you can bet I'll have a hunt report - with pics!
Gotta have pics!! grin
here's one of my Westley Richards 12 bore and a brace that went down with 80 grains of FFG and 10z of shot. smile
This is my favourite gun, and although the gun is not original ( W. Richards barrels,Westley Richards receiver)it's bloody accurate , I've used it on more birds than any other I own!
Davide

Of course I have shot all my vintage guns - what do you think they are called SHOT guns for??!!
Sidelock
Sidelock

Me and one of my Parker hammer short tens at work some years ago.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

I use 75/3F-1oz, 84/2F-1oz or my magnum load is 94gr/2F and 1 1/8oz. The first for clays, the others for birds.

Sidelock
Sidelock

rst, plus ups equals factory ammo delivered to your door step.

but, then seein as how you are in Canada, there may be sum gubmint thang you gotta deal wid...

Last edited by ed good; 09/07/13 09:31 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have not reloaded for years, but have had wonderful luck using low pressure shells and Gauge Mates [from 10ga to 12ga] in my 10 bores. Low pressure 12 ga shells are easier to come by here, and a lot less expensive. Not sure on Canada sources, though.

Last edited by Daryl Hallquist; 09/08/13 11:03 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed, pay attention. The OP specifically tried to tell you he lives in an area makes it difficult to acquire factory loads, like RST

I'll be more specific.

He lives in Canada. RST does not sell ammunition into Canada. That is because to date, they have declined to go through the processes required by the US government to legally ship their product out of the US.

I wish it were different but it's not. No problem bringing it in from the Canadian government side of things.

Before you go making your foolish attempts at humour at the expense of Canadians, get your facts correct. It is the US government that has the problem here. They actually have agents casing out stores near the border to try to catch cross border shoppers buying ammunition.

Last edited by canvasback; 09/08/13 01:28 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Got a shoot yesterday morning , tough work as the geese were in the field VERY early Saturday,l and came in late in the morning.
If we were able to wait them out longer we could have had a limit- that and my shooting was lousy, being the first birds of the year, and shooting out of a strange blind - that's my sotry and I'm stickin' to it!! grin
Took a couple more after this shot.
I was shooting black in my guns - the Pedersoli was used for a couple as well . smile
All in all it was a great shoot however, we took 12 birds for the 3 of us.
Davide

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.