April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (canvasback, Fudd), 488 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,473
Posts545,160
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

Three years ago I blundered into a 410 Uggie (American Imports - Falcon). Must be the twin to Jim Legg's gun. The guy who owned the shop had a low opinion of Spanish guns in general, and made me a decent deal on it. It's fun. Weighs 5-12 and is therefore shootable... I've had a couple offers to buy it... one gun that I could make a nickel on.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Miller,
At this point in the ball game, I can't think of a gun I do want. I do wish I had more time to use the odd little assortment I've accumulated up to now.
Doubles, and pumps. More of both types than I need. No 410s.

The only thing missing from Mr. Hartman's photos are the bluebirds singing in the background. Those are the fatest, prettiest, dumbest looking pheasants I've ever laid eyes on-could they fly? I thought they may be a special breed of "photography pheasants" that you club with the gun just before the photo, so as not to get the gun dirty prior to the photo.

Just kidding, 'sort of. Nice pictures, by the way.
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm planning my Second Childhood...maybe it's my third Childhood.

I went down the Harley Davidson road years ago so I might get a .410 this time around.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The first shotgun I ever shot was an old single bbl H&R small frame 28ga. It weighed about 4lbs. It was I believe made in 24ga & .410 as well as the 28ga. I would not mind having one of these, or something similar, just to carry walking during the off season. I would never pay a premium for both gun & shells in order to have an inferior gun to take hunting hunting.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a H&R .410 in quite tatty condition. Paid £20 for it.

BTW - I've gone from five stars to three stars to two stars am i saying the wrong things?!

Last edited by Small Bore; 03/05/07 12:21 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

C'mon guys, the non-fourtener's or even non-twentyeighter's, non-twentygauger's and even the non-sixteener's, all sing the same story: 'why carry a gun that's not as efficient a killer as the one I chose?'

If taken to the extreme, that would mean some guys could handle shooting a 6 1/2 lb. 12g shooting 1 1/8 oz of 8's at quail easily, some, a larger load than that.

The answer to the 'why a smallbore?' question is: "Because I can." The whole idea for most hunters, is recreational enjoyment. If shooting a particular brand, vintage, type of action, and yes, even size of cartridge, provides more enjoyment, why would that be an inferior gun? If killing efficiency is the only criteria, a A-5 or 391 gas jackhammer would be the obvious choice over inferior sxs guns, especially vintage sxs guns. Seems like inferior/superior is only for the individual to decide for himself.

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
At this point in the ball game, I can't think of a gun I do want.
I dream about that day for myself. I am getting close though.

I have one .410 and it's a Marlin single shot bolt. Works great for any animal that shouldn't be around the farm. I had an 870 28 ga, but it didn't fit me at all. I assume the .410 version won't either. Haven't seen any around town, but haven't looked either. I had a few Stevens 311's in .410, but with the prices going way up even on those clunkers I sold them off.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gee Ted, I can probably think of hundreds of guns I want. Not that I would have any real use for them. For me, one can not have too much art in one's life.
On the other hand, being one of those hording types, I currently have at the very least dozens of guns that should, in all good conscience, have a new home.
I have so many oil paintings I fill a couple of homes an office and some closets. But, I still look at what is at auction.
Art in any form, and to me wonderful doubles are a high form, always gets my attention. I always want more.
Can't you really even fantasize about another beauty? Another interesting piece of history? Both together?
You better take up golf.
Best Regards, Jake

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net
Sidelock
Sidelock

Canecutters are big oversize swamp bunnies. Indigenous to Southern Swamps.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My buddies annoy me with there .410's...little pipsqueek report throwing there tiny little payloads of shot...shooting the same score as I do with my 12......sheeesh. I've had a few. A Dakin SXS that fell out of the safe and broke in two....I couldn't shoot it anyway. One of those Marlin lever actions that really humiliated me and a 28" Pigeon Grade Superposed Skeet gun....Holy Crap! I couldn't shoot it either.I wish I had it back...I could sell it for about 3 times what I let it go for.Those .410 guys pay lots of $$$ for them little guns.

Regards,
Ken

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.