April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (HMAK, obsessed-with-doubles, Gunning Bird), 238 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,458
Posts544,976
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ChuckPA Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

I live in Southeast PA and want to meet a friend from Wilmington NC to shoot some clays for a couple of days in mid July. VA would split the driving distance. Any recommendations on a clays course? I indicated western VA only because it might be a few degrees cooler. Thanks.

Sidelock
Sidelock

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
ChuckPA Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Thanks. Yes ... I thought maybe someone had a course they would specifically recommend.

eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Google Primland. It's near Floyd,Va.

Boxlock
Boxlock

Summit Springs is a nice course. They have cart rentals and a nicely laid out 100 target course. You have to take turns with your friend pushing the button for your targets as they do not supply a trapper for a round. All the traps are electric so there is no touching of the traps. They are open Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. 540-365 3119. Their rates are 35.00 per round per shooter and 10.00 cart rental if you don't want to walk
Summit Springs is located 5 miles west of Ferrum on Va.Hwy 40. This is a nice course owned by some great folks in the Moonshine Capital of Virginia Franklin County

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Homestead is a good course in a beautiful location.

Curl

DGM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Lots of good options. In addition to the above, some good ones I've shot Virginia Vintager events at would include:

Flying Rabbit near Harrisonburg VA just off I-81
Old Forge near Providence Forge / Richmond off I-64
Central Virginia Sporting Clays near Palymra / Charlottesville
Greenbrier Resort / Homestead Resort - first class mountain (cooler) resort courses near each other on the WV/VA border
Glorious 12th near Lexington off I-81 - only a five stand, but a really beautiful location and run by a nice English couple.

Also, Bull Run Shooting Center in Centreville just outside DC is nice and very affordable.

"When you have to shoot, Shoot! Don't talk." - Tuco

ChuckPA Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Thanks for all the recommendations. I'll be checking them out.

ChuckPA Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Had a great time shooting this weekend at Summit Springs in Ferrum VA. Great course, great hosts and beautiful countryside. Stayed at the Holiday Inn in Rocky Mt. Would recommend both.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.