April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (MattH, Ian Forrester, 1 invisible), 641 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,444
Posts544,814
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Good stuff from Dennis and Salopian. It would be nice to have that chart posted here. I'd like to have a copy of it for my "interesting shotgun stuff" notebook. I'd also be happy to accept it as an e-mail attachment. My e-address is shown in my profile.
Thank you,
JL

> Jim Legg <

Sidelock
Sidelock

Salopian;

I do believe your last statement rings true! I believe one can improve one's shooting with instruction. I know from experience though, not every shooter is receptive to changing what they perceive works well for them.

I witnessed several separate to change a shooter's style during the commission of a custom project. I was a supporting party during the sessions. The results were less than pleasant. The customer didn't wish to change their style of shooting. In the day of litigation minded people,(it became evidentto me anyway) pleasing the customer and making the stock fit their style was better for business.

I do encourage people to improve and take lessons from qualified people and am willing to use other fitter's measurments in building custom guns. I do believe in try-guns (I have built three for other companies) and I do believe that the customer being in your house is the best possible experience for both fitter and client. However IMO, today many people don't wish to travel to out of the way craftsmen. So, I use this method and it has worked well. If one travels to the client, the trade off is no working time on the bench to meet the demand of work. Of course a happy client is much better for business than an unhappy one.

Dennis Earl Smith/Benefactor Life NRA, ACGG Professional member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim;

We currently do not have scanning capability so I could post it. The old computer crashed late last year, so we had to replace it. We have misplaced the calibration sheet for the HP printer so that scanning function will work. We have asked HP for help but it is an older scanner and support is slow. We don't currently have the funds for a new machine (too many visits to hospitals in the last four months). We are working on it though. Thus the need for a fax number.

ivans Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

To DES/TSD
thank you for all your explanations. If it's impossible to scan mentioned table I can't ask to fax it because I'm from abroad - from Ukraine. It could be costly for you.
Let me ask you to assist in contacting with ACGG. I would buy such book from them.

To opponents
why in an older catalog of Purdey there is a chart with shooters dimensions for fill in?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ivan's;

I just checked the ACGG website. Look in the menu for "Learning about Custom Gunmaking". Click on the wording and it will take you to the area you need. The booklet entitled: "Realizing Your Dream: A Client's Guide To Building A Custom Gun" is available on their order form. It costs 24.05 USD. I do not know what postage would cost to you. The book may be ordered on line with a VISA credit card. I will still call the office and see what gives on not getting contact to you.

The same form I have been using for my buisness is encluded in this booklet. It also has really good suggestions/instructions for a client. It is also a good refresher course in ethics for those of us in the profession.

ivans
In Richard Mahrholdt's book "Waffen-Lexikon", data regarding bodily measurements and the fitting of shotguns are presented under the heading "Schaeftung". This book may be available to you in a library. And used copies can be bought on the internet.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I second or third or whatever the wish that someone would post the chart or a link to it somewhere. Please???? Jake

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net
Boxlock
Boxlock

I gathered information from two charts. I wonder if these dimensions are even close to those charts mentioned in earlier posts?
I wouldn´t have my gunstock made according to this chart, but I suppose it give´s you a rough estimation of the dimensions.

Last edited by pokslok; 03/05/07 04:16 AM.
ivans Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks you, colleagues!

Sidelock
Sidelock

ivans;

Because of the help provided by Mr Furman ( of this BBS) the chart is available via e-mail. I don't know how to import it to this site. I'm better at gunstocks than computers. If you will contact me at thestockdr@riflemag.com I will send it to you.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.