March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (David Williamson, SKB, HalfaDouble, Jimmy W, 1 invisible), 391 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Eightbore, That pair would not have to be too great for the money he paid. If the 12 stock had been on the 20 I might have been more interested myself. I did not like the 20 as much as the 12. The 20 should be the better value when you look at what other 20 seem to command these days. Few for less than $1300.00 even with sorry factory wood.

One problem with that auction site is that they are very poor in mentioning minor or major problems on guns listed. I bought a O/U a few years ago with a major crack in the grip the had been repaired. No mention of the defect in the listing, nor when I called and asked about the gun or any photo that would have given you a chance to see it. I was lucky in having a perfect stock on hand for the gun so I made out well in the end.

Their photos, while decent, do not show enough views and are not in that high resolution. I now just drive up to look at a gun in person instead of calling. Not real nice to find a crack in a stock that was not pictured or mentioned when asked about. They are very willing to let you look and check out any gun that they have listed.

That said I have found more interesting values on that site than almost any other in the last several years. Like a 8 ga. a few years back or two Sterlingworth ejectors that combined I bought for less than a grand in the last year. Or a near mint LC Smith for less than $700.00 two years ago. It was so nice that I assumed it had been refinished but it was 99% factory condition to my surprise. While the Sterlingworths were not high condition guns the metal is excellent and they should make interesting upgraded guns if I live ten more years. If not they will be back on the market and someone else can have them.

Now everyone will spend a few hours trying to figure out which site we are talking about. I would not use them for a rare gun but they do move guns well. Later this year or early next I am going to have them sell several dozen gun for me. Some one has to clean up this pile of gun I seem to accumulate with out trying.

USHOOT2 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks to all for the input.

The best hunting is between now and dark.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: italiansxs
I keep looking at the pictures and wondering why someone would want to re-stock these to begin with? The original stocks appear to still be in their factory configurations and in decent solid condition. It seems to me this would be a monumental waste of money.
Am I missing something here?
Jim

Not as much as the guy who paid 9k for one !! He must be bonkers, best, Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike, over here we love our Model 21s!!! Even the "Farmers grade" Model 21s. smile

Sidelock
Sidelock

KY Jon, strange you should mention the eight gauges. I bought both of them, paid too much for one and paid a nice price for the other. By the way, the $9000 Model 21 was found in Sweden. It was a nice gun, all original. Things are not good up here in MD. Be glad you escaped in time.

Sidelock
Sidelock

USHOOTS2, it has taken me a bit to hopefully answer your original question. The Fajen semi inletted blanks are graded as Fancy -Extra Fancy (65-85% figure in buttstock.) Forend blanks were chosen to match each specific buttstock. That was part of my job as Custom Shop Supervisor at Fajen,Inc. Today each set would sell ,as is, around $350 even being Calf. Blk. Walnut. The guns have been moving slowly out on the West Coast. However, as a professional Stockmaker, I have been asked to stock more 21's since January than any other firearm.

Dennis Earl Smith/Benefactor Life NRA, ACGG Professional member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
I attended the auction where the #2 gun was sold and I was through before I got started. $9000 is off the scale, even for #2. Bill Murphy, up here in MD.

Off the scale?....and I was hoping for more! I have another elephant hunt to pay for.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.