May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
9 members (canvasback, eeb, ithaca1, David Williamson, 2 invisible), 935 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,853
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Hoof Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

OK, pardon my ignorance, but what is the story with Charles Daly guns? They seem to have been made by every company that ever hung out a shingle and produced a firearm. Some are cheap junk, some are fantastic? Is it just a name that keeps getting sold?
Thanks,
CHAZ

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, yes. The Daly family imported firearm from all over. They never produced anything to my understanding and little research. They, like others, started out with great quality and as times change you see the current results of lower priced repeating firearms.

KWill

Sidelock
Sidelock

I may be missing a country or two, but off the top of my head: Guns imported under the Charles Daly name have been made in Germany, Belgium, Japan, Italy, Spain, and Turkey. Fantastic to junk pretty much covers the range of quality. The Japanese-made Dalys are probably the most commonly seen. They're not fantastic, but they're pretty darned good guns for the money.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I really felt they went too far when they started producing guns in Long Beach under the "Chucky D" name.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think they also imported Zastava Mausers from Serbia.

With kind regards,
Jani

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Linder made Prussian Charles Dalys are the only "Real Thing"

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a Charles Daly Superior Grade, sxs 12ga 3in Magnum made in Italy . Coined receiver beautiful wood, 5 screw in chokes, single unselect trigger, 28in barrel. Imported by KBI Harrisburg PA. I have been trying to find the maker of this gun and approx. value. Skeetx has tried to help in the past but we have not been able to find the maker. I can email pictures if that helps but am very weak on the computer and don't know how to post pictures. Any help in identifing the mfg. is appreciated.

Last edited by murphy; 10/05/12 05:02 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

ttt

HOS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: George L.

Best Regards, George
For God sakes LINDNER!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HOS
Originally Posted By: George L.

Best Regards, George
For God sakes LINDNER!

Sorry HOS, you're right, MY BAD, LINDNER!

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.