May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ted Schefelbein), 559 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,499
Posts545,461
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 57 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 56 57
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi all, well today was our 2012 duck/goose opener. We had a very good shoot, limited out in about an hour and 45 minutes. We mostly got teal, gadwalls and a couple mallards. Eric my nephew was visting from Utah, he didn't shoot, but was our photographer, one of out better openers.

Me with my Bernadelli Italia hammergun:

Jim with his Mossberg 500 Regal (I know, a pumpgun!!!!):

Will without his Fabarm Beta Classis he used today:

Me and my boys:

All the best!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Friend, Don Hardin , with his double on Huns in his 81st year.

Last edited by Daryl Hallquist; 09/22/12 01:34 PM.
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Daryl Hallquist

Friend, Don Hardin , with his double on Huns in his 81st year.

I hope I'm in that good of shape when I'm 81. Wonderful, just wonderful!!!!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

God Bless Him! And you as well, Daryl, for partnering up with him. A really great picture.

RCC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Let me tell all of you, the old professor shoots real good. He must have been a terror when he was a youngster, like maybe sixty or seventy.

Nice photo of him Darly. Give him my best and call when you all get to town in a couple of weeks.

bc
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
A goose with a Purdey hammer pigeon gun. Too cool!

They are fun to shoot, but it was also great introducing these guys to hammerguns. One guy was busy taking pictiures while another asked if he could keep a 2 1/2" shell since he'd never even seen one.

gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi all, well today was the second day of our waterfowl season, not as good as opening day, very cold in the morning and very dense fog that din't burn off until late. It was a blue bird day by mid morning. We still limited out, except Jim, he only got two, mostly because the ducks didn't go over or by this blind, he didn't want to move when Will and I were done. Anyway, here's some pics

Me and my Bernadelli Italia:

The Bernadelli:

Will with his Fabarm Beta Classis. Will shot one his grouse as it flew over the decoys!!! A bunch flew over and Will was on the ball. The other he got when trying to jump some ducks. He had a GREAT day!!!:

Jim and his "Pump":

Me and my sons with the days bag:

All the best!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Looks like you knocked the heck out of them Greg! Tell Jim he would have shot a limit if he did not use that contraption.

My weekend went well. Yesterday I shot a limit of huns and sharptail. Today though was kind of a special one, as I shot another limit of sharptail on a walk with my year old wire hair pup. She pointed a covey which I doubled on and then she pointed a group of three more birds which I then shot one more for my limit. She also pointed a pheasant on the way back, and found a downed bird for one of my friends. I am very happy with her and can't wait to see how she progresses with some more training!

gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Way to go Wade!!! Glad you guys did well and thanks for the kind words! I'll tell Jim that, guess I'll just have to beat it into that thick skull of his! Happy to hear that your pup did so well! Lots of good hunting to look forward to with her, looks like she'll turn out to be a first rate hunter. Congrats on the double! They sure are fun to make.

Hope we'll do just as well later this week!

Be Good!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

My first woodcock of the season. I was particularly excited as it was shot with the 1873 Purdey that Tony so expertly restored.

Page 8 of 57 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 56 57

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.