April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Der Ami, Roundsworth, trw999, rwarren, MattH, 1 invisible), 378 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,444
Posts544,810
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Stopped by the Fort Worth, TX Cabela's today, to discover they had purchased whole collections of combination guns--including one nice Kreighoff Trias. Don't know WHEN I have seen one of those, lately) Best buy of all might have been a Simson Suhl 12x12x8/57 drilling for $1599. The only flaw I could find to justify the price drop was the stock had been shortened in order to put on a Pachmayer pad. BBFs, capeguns--one in 28 ga.x.22, nicely engraved, were stacked beside Sauer drillings in 9.3x74R. It was almost too much to resist, but my Funk drilling is identical in configuration to the Simson...so I am still thinking. I can resist anything except TEMPTATION, so maybe someone will remove it. Steve

Sidelock
Sidelock

I tried to see these online at Cabela's Fort Worth Gun Library but couldn't find them. Probably too fresh to be listed yet?
With kind regards,
Jani

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Not sure--and I can appreciate your difficulty in calling them. Will try to find out something. Have a good day!

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

jANI, Cabelas told me they decide on an individual basis whether or not to advertise a gun on the web listing. The Simson was so reasonably priced, they did not feel the need (I am quoting them) however it is still at the Fort Worth location. Cannot comment on the Trias or others. I surely thought they would all be listed, or would not have bothered with this thread.
Take care...Steve

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you, Steve. I'm quite surprised to hear that Cabelas do not advertise all their guns on their web listing. I would understand if these were say cheap .22 rifles, but Drillings... Maybe they don't have enough people to take pictures, etc.
With kind regards,
Jani

Sidelock
Sidelock

they also may not even realize the uniqueness of drillings and just think it's some goofy foreign gun.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Went back today, and saw a slew of new offerings...it seems Cabela's bought the private collection of a banker in Tarrant County. I was told they obtained some 511 rifles, shotguns, and pistols from the estate, now spread through the Allen, Buda and Fort Worth Cabela's. They may not have even displayed some of them. Saw a drilling today in 16x16x450BPE! Fine gun to boot. I pulled the trigger on a Simson drilling, 8x57/16ga. Just couldn't resist the engraving at $1500 out the door! Ferlach guns, English game guns, the man spared no expense. Almost took home an elegant Webley sidexside, but decided to stay married. Steve

Sidelock
Sidelock

Private collection of a banker in Texas?

I noticed that Bob Jones Guns is no longer in business. Any connection?

Tom

Carbonation without fermentation is tyranny
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Wow, I don't know. Bob was getting on in years. I was only quoting the Cabela's employee. Update us if you can! Steve

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hello, again...just got off the phone with Cabela's--it was the "Shivers" collection, and including the pistols and more modern guns totalled over 800 firearms, all of which are going through the Fort Worth Cabela's, and have been for about 3 months! Good luck...Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.