Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
LGF #288490 08/08/12 08:01 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: LGF
I gather that there are not many game birds in the Sahara. But no need to worry - global warming is just a fraud perpetrated by greedy scientists.

To paraphrase the late W. C. Fields "All things considered I would rather be in Kansas"

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hate to hear about the Midwest. Hope things work out okay in the end. On a positive note, we getting plenty of rain down here in South Alabama. 5 inches on Monday, 3/4" on Tues, and another 1" today.

The quail woods on my Georiga lease are looking great!!!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Drew Hause
One bad year does not the dust bowl

That is true but this is the second year of severe drought and the effects are cumulative. Not only are crops failing but we are losing our native grasses and recovery will take years or decades to recover.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

I live 40 miles South of Athens,Georgia and it is pitiful how little rain we have gotten the last three years! My pond is the lowest i have ever seen it! Bobby

Last edited by bbman3; 08/08/12 08:52 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I talked to a buddy of mine in south central South Dakota last week. He said the conditions there are the same as last dollar reports from Kansas.

Corn & beans are bad & the CRP is opened to haying & grazing.

Could be a tough bird season. But that's nothing compared to what the farmers are going through. My thoughts & best wishes are with the farmers. I hope they all make it through OK!!!

LGF #288500 08/08/12 09:09 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: LGF
I gather that there are not many game birds in the Sahara. But no need to worry - global warming is just a fraud perpetrated by greedy scientists.

There may indeed be global warming taking place, it has done so and then reversed itself, in cycles, for thousands of years.What I take exception to is the idea that man is causing it.

I have a thousand acres of non-irrigated row crops every year that depend totally on rainfall to grow. I am intensely interested in rainfall patterns, dry and wet cycles. There is exactly the same amount of water on this old earth that there was when it was created. Not a gallon more or less. When one part of the planet is experiencing drought there are others that experience too much rainfall. It's all about the distribution of that set amount of water.

I bemoan what drought does to gamebird populations, but accept it as being part of the natural state of things. Man just needs to get over himself and realize he is not the most powerful thing in the universe, and that everything does not revolve around him.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan I agree with you wholeheartedly. The arrogance of some who think that whatever we insignificant humans can do will upset the enormous force of nature.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yep. Global warming caused by humans is a scientific hoax all right. Just because 95% of all scientists that study it confirm it is proof positive that education is worthless. And just because that scientific theory is being shown not just in the US in a big way for the last three years and virtually around the world, coincidence. Greenland glaciers melting, not important. Polar ice caps melting, ha. Just a normal phase. Rush told me so.

Last edited by Jakearoo; 08/08/12 09:29 PM.

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here's what's wrong with your 3 year Global Warming dataset: you are taking 3 years of data & expanding it for 3 million years. You are looking at a minute subset and true scientists understand sig figs and would not make such a claim other than for political gain.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Jakearoo #288526 08/08/12 11:27 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, Hells Bells, lets take our shotguns and move to Greenland. The Vikings used to live there and farm it.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.