April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Nelsons Custom, Ian Forrester, Karl Graebner, gunmaker), 784 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,440
Posts544,755
Members14,404
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

I didn't say that I couldn't afford to pack my items correctly KY. I said my margins don't allow me to throw money at (the very few) customers who complain like hell but won't return their purchases for a refund. Orvis can afford that, I can't. And out of principle, I won't encourage this type of consumer behavior.

Dave, your point about pics is the one I have been trying to make many times over. Thank you for bring it up again. I posted a pic of the case as it was when I shipped it. It's on page one. Here it is again:

And in this case Mr. Vella doesn't want money as many of you have suggested, he wants to get even for a perceived wrong. He just said so above. I offered him the full $50 he says he is out, and as I predicted, he spurned it, just like he spurned my offer to make good on the delay way back when it happened. Like I said, he seems to have a vindictive personality.

I did apologize to him for the shipping delay at the time and made a peace offering for that and it got me nowhere. His tirades just got louder. That's what happens when you try to appease a bully. Apologizing to him for what I perceive to be grossly exaggerated and unsubstantiated wear and tear to a used guncase ain't going to happen. Not without pictures.

And Utah Shotgunner, pls be specific about "other threads". Post a link if you please. This is a first for me. I don't always agree with what people say, but I don't rip them off. To you and to all the others who have jumped to conclusions about me and my company based on this one very fuzzy data point, with all the exposure this is getting, show me ONE additional customer complaint on this thread. You can't because, with the exception of CFHs, I take care of my customers.

I know that most of the readers on this board are consumers and not dealers. I don't expect much sympathy given the stereotype of a used gun dealer. Not much better than a used car dealer. But the shallow thinking and knee-jerk reactions on the part of some posters has been disappointing, frankly.

And to Shooting Star, that's a cheap shot. You don't know me from Adam. If you did, you wouldn't indulge in this adolescent stuff (How old are you anyway?).

Last edited by doublegunhq; 02/10/07 09:47 PM.

doublegunhq.com
Fine English, American and German Double Shotguns and Rifles
GJZ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bingo!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Post deleted by Recoil Rob

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

DD You got some nice guns on your site and I can say this squabble over a crappy case won't stop me from doing business with you in the future should I see something I like. You do need better pictures on your site.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Russ:

You screwed up by shipping guns in another customer's case without his knowledge or permission. You have no way of knowing the condition of the case when it finally arrived in Canada. The pre-shipping case photos you have posted here show the case with two guns in it. Two guns can hide a lot of small damage. You have offered Ron a $50 credit, rather than a check for $50. A credit is worthless to Ron, and you are not even valuing his time or trouble. There is no defense for your behavior or for your attitude. With each post, you seem to dig yourself a deeper hole. Even IF Ron is a CFH (and that is not a certainty), you should have settled this appropriately, and before it got to this stage.

I'm not a dealer, and even I keep a supply of sturdy cartons and a few hard cases around the house just for shipping expensive guns (Parker, L. C. Smith, etc., not junk). It's hard to believe that you don't have the means to ship guns that you are in the business of selling. I bought a used Browning hard case a couple years ago from Able Ammo in Texas, thought it wasn't as represented, they sent me a fresh one and told me to keep the damaged one. That's customer service. What the hell are you thinking?

Sidelock
Sidelock

The irony of all of this is that Russ is the one who was bi**hing about the guy from KY who screwed him and wouldn't refund his money for goods not as described!!!!

One one hand he wants a refund because the goods weren't as described and he flames the guy but when the shoe is on the other foot...........

Unless I am missing something?? Am I that dumb, blind, ignorant or combination of the three?
Thanks KY John for the compliment.

BTW: I have recently took back a Browning BAR that in the second sentence of the description I stated that it had a factory replacement stock. What do you know, the guy calls me and says the buttstock wasn't original and he wanted an original stocked gun. i sold it as a shooter. I said no problem, send it back. Full refund. I did ask him to look at the description and see what I wrote. he did and paid me the fee I was charged for selling it on Gunbroker. A gentleman. Thats th way its supposed to work. And if he wouldn't pay it, so be it; I would eat it.

I am in business and understand there are some you wont satisfy.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Brian, yes you are missing something. I'll take the time to explain because I think you are sincere.

I didn't tell the gentleman from Kentucky that I was going to keep the guns but that he should pay for a new buttstock on the Lefever and to have the Parker receiver filed, polished, engraved and refinished. I just want him to take the guns back and refund what I paid for the guns. And I have pictures showing the guns are flagrantly misrepresented. All Ron has is a lot of hot air and his wife's word.

Would have done the same for Ron. Taken the case back and refunded his $295 (at least that, more if his story had panned out). But from the outset, he stated he was going to keep the case, he just wanted me to pay to restore it. I couldn't relate to that, sorry. And Ron didn't send me any evidence (in the absence of the case itself, some pics would have worked fine). I don't pay for restoration of used items...you either send it back and get your money back, or you keep it and get on with life. The restoration thing is a minefield.

Homeless Joe, you are a courageous man! A fellow maverick perhaps? I appreciate the feedback, some of my stuff was photo'd some time ago when my digital camera was kinda basic. Now I have a better one so the more recent stuff is much better. You are welcome to visit with me anytime. Hey, you can have the $50 Ron Vella didn't want. (Same goes for any poster on this thread, just to show I treat everyone the same, on any purchase of $295 or over, that's what Ron paid for his case). Call it the Ron Vella special discount! Ron Vella, ironically, does NOT qualify for the Ron Vella special discount. Too late for that.

Last edited by doublegunhq; 02/10/07 11:56 PM.

doublegunhq.com
Fine English, American and German Double Shotguns and Rifles
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: doublegunhq

And Utah Shotgunner, pls be specific about "other threads". Post a link if you please. This is a first for me.

I don't please. I stated an opinion concerning your behaviour in threads on various BBS's. I didn't say they were threads calling into question your business practices, they were 'normal' threads displaying your personality. Links will not be forthcoming.

In my opinion I don't find you very personable and would not buy from you or visit your shop. This thread only REINFORCED my opinion.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: doublegunhq
Brain, yes you are missing something. I'll take the time to explain because I think you are sincere.

I didn't tell the gentleman from Kentucky that I was going to keep the guns but that he should pay for a new buttstock on the Lefever and to have the Parker receiver filed, polished, engraved and refinished. I just want him to take the guns back and refund what I paid for the guns. And I have pictures showing the guns are flagrantly misrepresented. All Ron has is a lot of hot air and his wife's word.

Would have done the same for Ron. Taken the case back and refunded his $295 (at least that, more if his story had panned out). But from the outset, he stated he was going to keep the case, he just wanted me to pay to restore it. I couldn't relate to that, sorry. And Ron didn't send me any evidence (in the absence of the case itself, some pics would have worked fine). I don't pay for restoration of used items...you either send it back and get your money back, or you keep it and get on with life. The restoration thing is a minefield.

Homeless Joe, you are a courageous man! A fellow maverick perhaps? I appreciate the feedback, some of my stuff was photo'd some time ago when my digital camera was kinda basic. Now I have a better one so the more recent stuff is much better. You are welcome to visit with me anytime.

Keep digging. All you do with your replies is keep this thread at the top of the list.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

Russ,
all I can say is that given the readership, the full refund of his payment and duties would have been a far better bargain than the negative aspects of this diatribe.

The bigger man would just send him a check and pay return ship on the case and figure he would return it. Parsing your words or whatever doesn't bode well under the microscope of the collective membership of the board. Fall on you sword and get it over with. Like it or not you have been judged in the court of public opinion of this site.

The negatives of this episode far outweigh any philosophical, moral, ethical argument mush less any monetary aspects as to who is right and who is wrong.
The bigger man would do the right thing.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.