March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (eightbore), 827 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,014
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline

Originally Posted By: Sharpsrifle
Having followed the threads on SS and DblGun titled "Caveat Emptor" regarding Mr. Gould's previous dealings as seller, it appears that the old saying about "what goes around comes around" came around sooner rather than later once he became the buyer. There's a certain symmetry to this one.

Superficially perhaps, but here are the key differences:

1. Mr Sims refused to take the guns back; Mr. Vella had (and has) the option to return the case.
2. Mr Vella wanted me to pay to have the case restored; I don't want the guns repaired, I just want my purchase price back.
3. I have pictures of the undisclosed defects; Mr. Vella never provided any pictures to substantiate his claims.
4. Mr Sims cheated Gunbroker out of their commission; I sold these guns off my own website.
5. Mr. Sims is not an FFL holder yet he appears to be wheeling and dealing in guns. I am.

doublegunhq.com
Fine English, American and German Double Shotguns and Rifles
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm new here and have a couple of questions for Mr. Gould:

It is not clear how Mr. Sims cheated Gunbroker from their commission. Did you not purchase them through the website? If not, how were they purchased?

Secondly, as far as I know, you can sell a firearm without an FFL. The following is from the Gunbroker site:
"Here is exactly what the ATF 'Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide' (ATF P 5300.4) says:
(B9) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by carrier?
A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by carrier to a resident of his or her own state or to a licensee in any state. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label."

If you are an FFL holder, then I believe all laws were followed.

chris

OP Offline

1. He closed the auctions and I sent him a check.

2. You can't buy and sell for profit without an FFL.

doublegunhq.com
Fine English, American and German Double Shotguns and Rifles
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Gould,

1. Just curious...why didn't you bid through Gunbroker? At least they could then be your mediators to solve the issues.

2. So, you mean to say that all members on Gunbroker Auction Arms either have a license to sell or are selling their guns for a loss???? I find that hard to believe. Or do you mean to imply that Mr. Sims is in the business of selling without a license - which I agree is against the law?

chris

Sidelock
Sidelock

Russ,
crop and size your photos so they are viewable. Cant tell jack form what you have posted.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: doublegunhq

So, if I sell my guns, it has to at a loss or else I have violated the law?
I can't place my guns on GB, and ship them FFL to FFL?

Pete

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Gould is wrong on that part. I'm an FFL holder too and the regulations do not state that. You cannot run a buisiness without an FFL. It is very legal for an individual to spot a bargin, buy it and then resell for a profit.The regulations due not state when you cross from hobby to buisiness that requires an FFL, and lots of folks get caught in that grey area. The safest thing to do is to go toe BATF web site and read the rules your self. Never call the BATF as they seem unable to read and understand there own rules. I consistantly find BATF agents giving out bad info regarding the rules and regs. At any rate, feel free to make a few pennies on your sales Pete.
Steve

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: doublegunhq

It's my understanding, that you contacted Mr. Sims. And offered him X-amount of dollars for both guns, if he'd end the auction early. Kinda sounds like you where looking for the quick deal. Maybe you got what you paid for. Always two sides to a story.

Sidelock
Sidelock

This is too precious. Take a look at the feedback for TKSIMS on GB.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewUserFeedback.asp?User=114216

Our friend Master ED filed a negative feedback for this joker, TKSIMS. Didn't that give you a clue?

TKSIMS has sold 3 items and received negatives for 2 of those transactions.
You stick you hand into the bear trap and it takes off you hand. For this you want sympathy?

Pete

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.