Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

.. is anyone keeping count of how many scammers or would be scammers have done their thing here?

I got scammed, here. Yep.. guy posting for a nice unbelievably good condition Model 21 in 12 ga w/ 28" bbls; he couldn't believe the "low-ball" offer he got from Cabelas so posted it here.
After going through all the, what I thought to believe, right steps & questions, and seeing sufficient pictures he sent me, I bought the thing.
When It arrived at the transferring FFL, I went to see it. First off, without even picking it up, I knew the photos were artfully taken to avoid all the gouges and cracks, and the bbls were 30" not 28.
I never even filled out the transfer papers, called him from the shop & he was shocked that someone could be unhappy with it. About the bbls, he explained the 2" has to do with the chambers not getting measured into the bbl length. Just nuts. But, he did agree to accept it back saying he'd refund my funds as soon as it was returned.
Instead, when he got it back, he marched into Cabelas and sold it to them.
Just think, but by the grace of God, it could have been you.

They are out there, good people; be alert and alertful.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Have you gotten your money back yet? If not who was he.

Last edited by jeweler; 04/15/12 11:22 AM.

monty
Sidelock
Sidelock

isn't fraud involving a firearm, across state lines, utilizing the USPS like a double or triple federal offense?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think you should expose him to us here if you don't get your money back.
How long ago did you ship the gun back to him?
He might scam someone else.
This is bad, I have bought and sold many guns with a handshake over the phone and have never had a problem

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think you should out the fellow even if you do get your money back. At this point in my life I would write the money off as a lost cause, which it almost certainly is if you have not been refunded by now, and contact the local law authorities to swear out an arrest warrant. I am tired of having to beg people to do what is the right thing like they are doing me a favor. No, the favor is that the creep is given one chance to make it right then hit him over the head with the biggest mallet you can get your hands on. Jail is not just for DWI and men behind on child support.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Another hunting forum I belong to is having a similar discussion, about outfitters/professional hunters not delivering on promised hunts.

The consensus is, there's usually two sides to a story and bad Internet publicity in a one-off situation can be pretty hurtful.

From the bumbellybeak (great handle, by the way) post, I couldn't tell if the scam was that he got caught up in this or if the seller hasn't refunded his money.

If it's the former, and you have the cash back in your pocket, I'm not sure giving up a name is the right thing to do. But your post does remind all of us that we really need to be judicious when buying anything from just pictures.

If it's the later, and you've gone through the "I've returned your gun two weeks ago and I don't have my money back yet, so I'm posting a warning to my friends on the DG forum", by all mean, post us the story. If the seller is a poster here, they can post a rebuttal. Too bad you don't have the original photos you received and some photos you took - so we can compare. I don't doubt you for a second, but a defect in one person's eyes is character to another.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bumbelly, Was this person from Missouri? SOunds like one
that I had about the same experiece with. If he is a regular seller you should give the name. Missouri?

Sidelock
Sidelock

BBB I hate that.

Is he in state? I have had amazing results in small claims court. Usually the scoundrel doesn't show up and I get a default judgement. It causes him problems when he wants to buy a house or get a loan.

Telling you what your already know but if he was measuring from the chambers they barrels would be 27-1/4" or 27" depending on chamber length.

I think you should post the facts and state them as such. Post your opinions and identify them as opinions. Then post the rascal's name and city.

Best,

Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 04/15/12 02:23 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Boxlock
Boxlock

So without saying who scammed him. He is still here as we know scamming the people. Why would you not say who it is? I would want to tell everyone who it is and flush him out. Would not that make sense? Save other folks from getting ripped off too. Knowing the thief and not turning him in is just as bad as being the thief. And if you cant say who ripped you off. Don't complain about being ripped off.

FEED HIM TOO THE WOLVES!!!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would like to know how long its been. Did he get the money back? If not then was scamming. If he got the money back, I would not say that he was.

You should see some of the guns folks have told me about that they wanted to sell to me. I think after 39 years doing this I know the questions to ask. They always say how nice it is. They are all excellent. They always said I will like it. No one has ever said their gun was a tird. I have actually called the seller and said I got a gun from you but the gun you told me about and the one you sent were not the same gun.
Were these people trying to scam me or just did not know.

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.