April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Argo44, Mark II, Hammergun, 1 invisible), 459 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,473
Posts545,160
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I need to knoiw what you think of the following that Puglisi's Gun Emporium has for sale. It is a Sidelock Action with Cocking Indicators. Stock Number 4534, Make German, Model Superior, Action SxS, Barrel Chamber 2 3/4 in, Barrel
Length 28 1/2 in, Barrel Chokes .013 - .014 Barrel Proof Czechoslovakian Proof, Barrel Rib Type Solid Rib. Drop At Comb 1 7/16 in, Drop At Heel 2 3/8 in, Gauge 16 ga, Grip Capped Semi Pistol Grip, Ejectors Ejectors, Forend Beavertail Forend, LOP 14 1/2 in over a Pad, Pad Thickness 1 in, Serial
Number 23XXX, Shotgun Type SxS, Trigger Double Triggers, Type of Butt Pachmayr Pad, Weight 7 lbs. Cost $1795. The action is extensively engraved in a nice scroll pattern and has side clips. I called Puglisi's and they said they believed it to be a guild gun, as there wasn't a name of the maker on it. I know that you have have had questions and concerns regarding guild guns, but I believe something like this would be perfect for digesting those boxes of Winchester 16 gauge ammo I have.

Colin L. Kendall
Sidelock
Sidelock

A link to the gun would be helpful. However, I looked at the gun and think it is a diamond in the rough, but not very rough. If it were in front of me at a gun show, I would buy it immediately. There would be someone behind me with an open checkbook.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Here is the link: http://www.pugsguns.com/findItem.action?id=2406. The sotck number is 2406. Thanks for the endorsement.

Colin L. Kendall
gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi, boy now that's a nice looker and the price is good. The only drawback I see is the recoil pad, easy fix and the weight is a bit much for a 16 (unless they made a mistake). Other than that for the price, sure looks like a good one!

Best of luck to you if you decide to pull the trigger on her!!!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Indeed, a nice gun! Good folks to deal with, too. My wife cringes every time I go there! As for the pad, at least it was ground down to fit the stock. I have seen a lot of nice guns with pads poorly fitted being the only issue. Good luck!

GMC(SW) - USN, Retired (1978-2001)

Sidelock
Sidelock

It looks like a nice gun. The gun was used hard and the stock finish looks mediocre. You might ask them about lockup; it looks as though the lever may be drifting left.

[IMG]
Sidelock
Sidelock

The bbls look reblued.,,if that makes a difference.

I think it's been apart. The screws are buggered a little and not lined up anymore. The left side cap covering access to the barrel pin is over tightened. Usually a sign it's been off,,and back on.
Just judging from the pics (and it's just that), I'd guess that the receiver was cleaned up a bit to it's present grey color. Perhaps a light carding wire wheel while disassembled. Then some cold blue added to add in some color.

The blue on the trigger plate is worn from the inaccessable area up close to the guard,,but yet still in tact further out on the bottom of the gun where the rest of the rec'vr is worn.

I just think the gun has been dolled up and wonder about the internals.

Just some things I see looking quickly over the pics...

Czech proof and no name,,how do they know it's a German gun.
Does it have German proofs also? Just wondering.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Unless the marks prove otherwise, I'd purge the term German from the description. The safety and a few other characteristics point to a Bohemian finished sporting weapon. With the forend type and locks, I'd say Belgian sourced and then finished. I'd ask for images of the marks.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.