May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Steve Nash, Tim Wolf, Guy Ave, 67galaxie, Ian Forrester, 1 invisible), 734 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,496
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#23640 02/02/07 05:36 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Help! Looking for 8 x 60R cases and/or Ammo and have not had much luck as of yet. (Prefer original cases if possible) Web searches have not been very productive and OWS draws a blank. RWS did not respond to my inquiry. If any one has any or knows of a source please contact. I Would really like to hear from those in Europe that frequent this board if they could point me to a possible source for 8 x 60R cases/cartridges/Ammunition in Europe. (Dave will get his fee if this request meets with success) Thank you in advance!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Maybe Sellier & Bellot have any left,I bought some for two yers
ago
Regards Lennart

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Drever....thanks for your help. I had not considered S&B and will look into this! JS

Sellier & Bellot brass has not been kind to me in the reloading department, incipient head separations after a few reloads, complete separations on more than one occasion. I check every case internally with a bent wire at every reload, when the S&B cases go, they go quick.

Excellent factory ammo for 'fire and forget', but I would advise choosing any other brand first if you intend to reload.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The friend of mine has 8x60R double rifle and he has bought couple of dozen cases in Germany, but it was long time ago. As I remember Sebastian, when he used to work in Belgium told me they reloaded 8x60R from time to time.
I'd suggest you to try to find small shops in Europe, who reload vintage ammo. No chances to find this ammo or cases even at large companies such as S&B or RWS.

Geno.

That's easy. Dieter Horneber in Furth, Germany makes it. It's good brass. Just Google "Horneber Hulsen".

Last edited by 400 Nitro Express; 02/03/07 11:32 AM.

"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."
Sidelock
Sidelock

8x60R cases can be made from 7x65R or 9,3x74R brass; I'd prefer the former. Huntington's has RWS 7x65R brass listed for $22/20.

Sidelock
Sidelock

JS-

You've heard it before I'm sure, but cast your chamber and slug the bore.
Make double sure you know the bore/groove and throat dimensions on that gun.

I own and shoot an 8x60r (.318Ø) BLE double rifle. I form my cases from the 7mm rimmed brass noted in the post above. The folks at Huntingtons say that RWS actually does (sometimes) make proper 8x60r brass, but it's $6.00 a pop so they don't import it.

I'd like to find a source of proper factory made 8x60r headstamped brass at a decent price too.
I'll keep an ear to this thread in case something comes up...

--Tinker

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.