April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Dan R, SKB), 169 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,431
Posts544,705
Members14,402
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi guys,

I apologise for using this forum but most people read this area. I wanted to update people on my battle with cancer.

On Wednesday, whilst outside my BMW garage, I had what appears to be a seizure or mild stroke. I was rushed by ambulance to hospital for tests. Everything looked OK so they couldn't tell. However alarm bells rang and my oncologist wanted me to have a brain CT scan right away, I refused at the time because I had frankly had enough. On talking with Marie we saw the sense in just having to know if the cancer had spread to my brain. This was confirmed today at 11am after a CT scan that I do indeed have a single tumour about 2.5CM in my head.

I have agreed to radiotherapy of a 5 day treatment starting next week because as you all know I will do anything to stay alive for my family. The bad news is that I could have 6 weeks or less to live. Maybe a few months if it goes well but we seriously have to plan for this now. I've expressed my desire to die in my wifes arms and I strangely feel at peace with this now. Although we have the unbearable task of telling my 10 year old over this weekend to somehow prepare for daddy slipping away.

I feel terrible telling you guys this but just had to. You are very imporant to me.

Thank you to the 3 people so far that have offered and purchased some of my guns. This will be important for my family. The Purdey, Grant 2 and John Blanch are all going to wonderful people that are going to treasure these shotguns as I would.

I'll keep everyone posts. I do want to get to Holts and hope to meet a few people there.

If I go quiet for more than a week then PA24 or Marie will post I am sure.

All the best,
Regards,
Tony

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony, so very many of your cyber friends around the world are tightly "holding hands" with you, Marie and your children all the way. And Christ himself is holding all of you tightest of all. God bless and comfort you and your family.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony, my prayers along with I'm sure everyone here. As said before stranger things have happened.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony,
I am so, so sorry to hear this. We have been praying for you and your family for a miracle and will continue to do so.

Phil

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sent you an email, Tony.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I dont post on this site much, but I visit daily. One of the first things I look for are your post. I really enjoy seeing the guns that you have restored.

Dont give up. We will keep you in our prayers.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I admire you for your ability to share. I'll never forget your contribution here. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Craig

Sidelock
Sidelock

Best wishes, and God bless you and your family.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

So sorry to hear this, Tony, may God be with you and your family,
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you for sharing Tony, my heart truly goes out to you and your family. I'm glad you've found good homes for a few of your beautiful restorations.
Thank you again for sharing.
Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.