April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (WJW), 383 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,800
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#266365 02/18/12 01:58 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi guys, I know this is slightly off topic, but this forum is the most viewed and I hope Dave doesn't mind me putting this up.

I've decided to sell most of my guys. Other than 4-5 which will stay in my family. Even the recent Purdey I've had restocked is in the list (because I will most leave my new bar-in-wood project to Will my son).

I am open to any offers. I've put my prices but as I say, given the expediency issue I'd be happy to talk. There are several people here on the boards that have private messaged me. Who I have already sent this list to. So out of courtesy they have the list earlier and if they make an offer in the next 7 days I will honour them.

I still have one or two projects going on and although I feel each day is a little tougher I will fight and fight to remain with my wonderful family and see the sun rise one more day. But I have to be doing the right things here which is to leave my loving family with of much as a financial cushion as I can muster. I've really enjoyed working on these guns and they usually take me months to complete. My intention was to never make money out of my work so this is a secondary desire now that I am ill.

If you think my prices are too high, please do PM me, I've used my own research and looked at guns elsewhere, although of course all guns are not the same. I won't be offended at offers but please keep the private to me either PM or email to tony(at)gameshadow.com

Many thanks.
Tony

http://www.vintageshotgun.com/images/tonysguns.pdf

Sidelock
Sidelock

Best wishes with the sales, Tony. The guns really are nice. All my best to you and your family.

Stan

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony,Prayers sent for you and your family.Keep fighting.Bless You. Bobby

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony, my very best wishes to you and your family. Thank you also for all your postings on here and your own web site, both of which give me much pleasure and interest.

My thoughts are with you.

Tim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony, I wish words could help but there are none. I admire the integrity you've brought to your mortality. I will remember you. I hope for your courage when my time comes. I had a pacemaker inserted yesterday at a time when I'm winnowing my guns to family. Best, King

LGF Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Tony, the Wild I bought from you recently is the prize of my modest collection. However, its greater value is that I will always be reminded of your passion for your art, the impact you have had on all of us here, and your devotion to your family. You are an inspiration to all.

Laurence

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony,

So sorry to hear about your illness. My very best wishes to you and your family.

Clay

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thoughts and prayers to you, Tony, hang in there. I have a feel for what you are going through, as I am also dealing with some tough cancer issues.
All the best.

Don

Ole Cowboy
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hang tough. Some great looking guns there, I might add outstanding guns. The work you put into them make them extra special.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony, I am not a collector of English guns so I will not be participating.
However, your foresight given the circumstances is to be admired. I hope that I have your courage when my time comes if I am given the forewarning that you unfortunately have to deal with.
More of us tend to be in denial and as one poster said here a while ago "I hope to buy your guns for the price you told your wife you paid for them". I hope that you do better than that to provide for your family.
My best wishes for you.

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.