April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (WJW, barrel browner), 401 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,229
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
BrianB Offline OP
OP Offline

Travelling to Philadelphia and then to Princeton in a couple weeks. I'll have the day free on Saturday. Any recommendations for shops or a good club to visit would be welcome. Thanks.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There sure aren't any gun shops in Princeton. You would have to come further north (about 45 Minutes) to Griffin & Howe in Bernardsville. There is usually some nice guns in there to see and touch. You can also stop in at Steve Cobb in Bernardsville but you need to call there first. He is not always in. Plenty to see there as well.

Bill G.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Builder took me to a half dozen or so in that area back in late Oct or early Nov. I bought that 20g Fulton at Rays Sport Shop
559 North U S Highway Nordouest 22, Paterson, NJ 07501. They are really nice people and a pleasure to do business with. You might see a 2 bbl Parker Repro there along with a 12g Pigeon Superposed.

Maybe Builder will remember all the places we went. All were within 30 mins of the Bridgewater/Somerville area. I recall Lou's gun shop in Somerville. It's a small shop but had some high end stuff. Griffin & Howe is worth the trip.

Last edited by Chuck H; 01/31/07 01:19 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think Chuck made a mistake on Rays Sport Shop.

Rays Sport Shop
559 US Highway 22, North Plainfield NJ 07060

DON'T GO TO PATERSON UNARMED

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

Oops, it looks like the site I cut and pasted from has an error.

If you get to Rays, and you're hungry for good Mexican food, you're outta luck. NJ is a tough place to even find Mexican food. Go to Globe, AZ. Or you can try Jose's 125 Washington Valley Rd, Warren, NJ http://www.josescantina.com/ They were the best I could find in the week I was there back in Oct. Not bad. But not to the level of a SoCal Mexican dive. Jose's is close to Ray's

Last edited by Chuck H; 01/31/07 05:49 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

There are several gun shops in PA within an hour's drive of Philadelphia, but none where there is a reasonable prospect of finding many decent sxs. If you are there over the Feb 10-11 weekend, the Forks of the Delaware Gun Show is in Allentown, PA at the fairgrounds that weekend. It's a pretty large show that usually has a couple of decent dealers in doubles and some other interesting stuff. Less than 2 hours from Phila and probably 1-1/2 from Princeton.

If you wanted to try something different for dinner, you might consider hitting the section of Newark (about 45 minutes from Princeton) called the Ironbound. It's home to a number of quite good Portugese and Spanish restaurants. Worth a trip, but the quantities of food served require that you be ravenous to do the servings justice.

Sidelock
Sidelock

BrianB,

If you will send me a fax number I will send you the stores I took Chuck to. Lot of fun and a few bargains like the Fulton he bought. Not to far from Philadelphia. If you like Husquvarnas, one place must have had fifty of them. I am pretty sure the one that I have was imported by them many years ago.

BTW, JDW is right but don't get caught with a gun either or you may get a free night at one of their hotels with bars.

Milt

So many guns, so little time!
Sidelock
Sidelock

Brian, Check out Bob's little sport shop in Glassboro,NJ. It's in the southern end of the state. If you like Sterlingworths he had about ten of them last time I visited about a mounth ago. Never know what will turn up in his shop. Further south in Vineland is Butch's Gun World. He sometimes gets some interesting stuff. South of Philadelphia in Delaware,RT 13 in New Castel is Miller's Guns. He is a big Browning dealer and sometimes gets some nice SXS's. But as mentioned above the really high end dealers are in the northern part of the state. Don't bother bringing a gun with you since the Communists are in charge here and would like nothing more than to entangle you in their gun control web.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Brian, let me know if you got the fax and if you have any questions.

Milt

So many guns, so little time!
Sidelock
Sidelock

[If you get to Rays, and you're hungry for good Mexican food, you're outta luck. NJ is a tough place to even find Mexican food. Go to Globe, AZ. Or you can try Jose's 125 Washington Valley Rd, Warren, NJ http://www.josescantina.com/ They were the best I could find in the week I was there back in Oct. Not bad. But not to the level of a SoCal Mexican dive. Jose's is close to Ray's ]

Just a culinary comment: if you do go to Ray's, just east of it on 22 westbound[1-2 miles] is a Baja Fresh Mexican Restaurant which is excellent. It is next to BJ's- you cant miss it
Iggy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.