April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Jimmy W), 376 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,228
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I would like to add another Leonard Mews stocked Rifle or Shotgun to my collection. Does anyone know of one that might be for sale? I'm also looking for any correspondence, i.e., letters, brochures, price sheets, etc. to/from Leonard Mews during the 1950's thru the 1970's. Thanks.

Boxlock
Boxlock

Yes, I have one that'll knock your socks off. Go to 24 hour campfire and look under the "big bores" section. I'm there with a picture.....fwiw

No clue what this means. I'm an oldster not ready to give up.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks, but I'm looking for something a little more tradional 1950's in a deer hunting caliber. As far as Mews shotguns go, I'd consider anything.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just seen a Mews stocked Model 12 trap sell at an auction a few weeks ago for $500. I almost bid, but it was in pretty rough shape. Would have needed a lot of work. I think the buyer was a dealer, so it may pop back up somewhere. Textbook mews checkering.

John

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I sold one a few years back that was pictured in the early Weatherby catalogs. Right after I sold it I was contact by the son of the man who the gun was built for. He had been looking for the gun for years. I put him and the buyer in touch with each other.I don't know if a deal was made or not. The son mention he had good trading material too, tools that had come from Mews shop and so marked etc.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: gasgunner
Just seen a Mews stocked Model 12 trap sell at an auction a few weeks ago for $500. I almost bid, but it was in pretty rough shape. Would have needed a lot of work. I think the buyer was a dealer, so it may pop back up somewhere. Textbook mews checkering.

John

Was it an internet auction or live somewhere? Do you happen to know which auction and item number that I might look it up? thanks

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: buckstix

John

Was it an internet auction or live somewhere? Do you happen to know which auction and item number that I might look it up? thanks

It was here http://www.bauerauction.com/index.php

But I can't figure out how to get to the photos of there completed auctions.

John

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: buckstix

John

It was here http://www.bauerauction.com/index.php

But I can't figure out how to get to the photos of there completed auctions.

John

Hello John,

I'm going to try to give them a call next week ... any idea what month / week that the auction was held?

I've been looking for 40 years for a Mews shotgun. thanks

Sidelock
Sidelock

It was the Jan 1st auction.

John

Sidelock
Sidelock

Any info on the Kass Arms Co? I have no connection to this rifle.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=503937640

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.