April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Argo44, JDH), 209 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,440
Posts544,758
Members14,404
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#261203 01/16/12 05:40 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi guys,
I need someone educated in husqvarna shotguns to inform (remind) me about their grades and models.
I used to rely on Pettsons excellent site but it seems to have gone?
I am looking at a couple of 310,s a model 1600?and a model 20.
They are all in 16 or 20 bore.
The 310’s seem to come in a lot of suffix variations,what were the major differences?How does quality compare to say a sound Brit box lock?
The model 20 I am looking at is in as new condition,however the case colours don't look quite right to me,more like the later Cyanide hardening done with some of the Continental guns.
It also has a very flat dark brown stock.
Did Husqvarna ever use this system of case hardening with later/refurbished guns?
We have a lead shot exemption here for the 16 and smaller bores,so I am looking for something to use as a general duck gun .

GDU

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hello Greg,

Here is a place to start:

http://www.skydevaaben.com/index.xml

tunes

"It's a good day for something"
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Cheers for that,do you know what happene to Pettsons site?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pettsons site is out of the air for a long time.
I have all the Husqvarna books at home. If you need some info I can look it up.
Husqvarna had a restoring service in the 1980's. And it might be that the color you're referring to is from that period. As far as I know it is not a cyanide hardening but the carbon case hardening. Post some pictures and I can tell if it's original or redone.
There is some information on my website, but not much. I have to put more time into it, but that's the problem.
http://www.weiss-trading.com/HVA/

Sidelock
Sidelock

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbt...true#Post252787

Here is a link to a thread with photos. I just bought a Model 20B made in February of 1951. It appears unused. Cheers!

GMC(SW) - USN, Retired (1978-2001)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Anything in the books about stamped mark of 0 dots in the shape of a square box? See Gustloff-Werke thread pictures.

So many guns, so little time!
Boxlock
Boxlock

Originally Posted By: Gregdownunder
Hi guys,

We have a lead shot exemption here for the 16 and smaller bores,so I am looking for something to use as a general duck gun .

GDU

Greg,

When and if time allows, please tell us about the waterfowl shooting exemption for the smaller bores, how does that fly ;>)

Best,
Franco

Classic and vintage sidelocks

Upland with Korthals Griffons and other good friends
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I will have better look at the model 20 and post some pics if I can.
I hate to say it but it almost looked “torched” which is not something we normally see here.

Away for a few days now but briefly when the lead shot ban came in about 10 years ago it was decided the 20 bore could not carry a humane payload in steel so was exempt from the ban.
16 bore is hardly ever seen here so its also exempt.
Most duck shooters here use 3- 3 1/2 inch 12 gauge semi autos, I doubt one in 50 would use an older gun in 20 or 16 bore so I guess they don't see it as a problem.
Good for the likes of me however.
There is always the possibility some greenie might jump up and down and get it reviewed but for the foreseeable future it stays.
Ironically its legal to use gaugeadapters and shoot sub bore in a 12 gauge gun provided you have no lead 12 bore ammo on you,go figure!

GDU

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.