May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (Philbert, KDGJ), 1,209 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,512
Posts545,664
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
2holer Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I believe it was made by Biakal; sure poor inletting around the locks and the Russians are big on gold, but look at the breech face.

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/10732446/s...-12-ga-sxs-gold

Last edited by 2holer; 12/30/11 05:08 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think I'm going to be sick. sick

“I left long before daylight, alone but not lonely.”~Gordon Macquarrie
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Russians had nothing to do with that ugly gold piece of s#*t other than making one of their Baikal coach guns. If you look the "engraving" and "embelishments" was done by a place in Rapid City, SD. To top it off it was gifted by a company from Fargo, ND! I hope you boys don't think all of us Dakotans are into such fine guns! I love the engraving certificate. "If it does not say A&A, just take it out and shoot it!" Damn straight, if I owned it I would be too embarressed to take it out to shoot it!

2holer Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I didn't look at things close, but I made my comment about gold based on these high grade Russians.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=124415

Sidelock
Sidelock

It says RAIKAL BOUNTY HUNTER but I think someone got that wrong too, Ill bet it should say BAIKAL , Dam all that gold and it makes me want ot puck too!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I bet "Torchy" could melt all that gold off. grin I looked at and handled one Baikal in my life. An o/u 12 bore. The POS was shot loose in under 500 rounds. The owner was sending it back and I formed an opinion about Baikal.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
2holer Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

OK, but did you ever see a breech face like that?

Sidelock
Sidelock

No I haven't seen one like that. To be honest I think it's kind of a cheesy way of doing it. Some people might find it acceptable but I sure don't.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yup-- old Eddie boy, when he ain't otherwise occupied in re-writing the American pages of history and besmirching the name of General Robert E. Lee- sure is handy-dandy with that old NCH-- "blue flamed wrench"- although I am guessing, from the fotos of some of his POS offerings on Gun Busters site- he used the "Flammengraffer" tip, what we in the trade called a "Rosebud"- nothing to do with the busted up sled in the finis of "Citizen Kane" howsome-ever--

But as a foto, and this one makes we want to go and piss in someone's canteen for offering such a POS-- does make me think of another great point in American History-- when some cub reporter from Stars and Stripes, interviewing General George Smith Patton Jr. just before the invasion of Sicily-- to wit: "General, are those mother-of-pearl grips on your Colt sidearm?
"They're ivory, sonny- only a CHEAP PIMP IN A NEW ORLEANS WHOREHOUSE WOULD HAVE A pistol with Mother-of-pearl grips"--

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Uck. Reminds me of the guns from the collection of Larry Flynt which were up for sale this past year through one of the other internet sites: nice guns with decidedly, um, outside-the-norm taste in decoration.

Then again, this was never a "nice" gun.

But, with the price of gold these days....

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.