May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (RARiddell), 695 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,509
Posts545,639
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Any of you have any experience with this case?

http://www.csmcspecials.com/Canvas_Trunk_Case_p/c0075.htm

It's an excellent price, just not sure of the quality.

Sidelock
Sidelock

as you are looking at affordable cases, take a look at the offerings from jeff's outfitters. also, ebay sometimes have some decent cases at fair prices.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have had a couple of the CSMC canvas/leather cases and the quality has been a mixed bag. The dividers in one came loose and on the other one the pins/nails holding the lock on backed out. Also, the leather straps are sorta thin and look low quality. I now have one of their leather cases and it is a much better product (and priced accordingly).

I have not owned one, but the cases made by Jeff's seem to be better made based on comments I have read here and elsewhere - however, if you search some of the older threads here, you will find some complaints about those too. I think his suppliers (and the case quality) may have varied over the years. I like the look of the "toe under" compact case he currently offers.

Last edited by Doverham; 11/29/11 03:40 PM.

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I own one of these and don't have any complaints. It has been a good solid case for me. The canvas, leather trim, and lining are all of good quality and holding together fine after a couple years of constant use. If you are looking for a low end case, you can't go wrong with this one. It is a good deal right now with the sale price they have on it.

I got the accessories along with it and they are ok. They are the standard Indian made stuff you see everywhere today. They are fine for everyday use, but won't look quite as nice next to vintage Dixon or Hawksley tools, which is fine considering their price. Although the rosewood cleaning rod that came with it was quite nice.

“I left long before daylight, alone but not lonely.”~Gordon Macquarrie
Sidelock
Sidelock

I bought two of these and imported them to GB, Very good quality, especially for the price. However the straps are poor compared to the rest of the case. I sold the straps on ebay and had some made out of harness leather - now looks like a Ł500 case. I wouldn't buy the accesories, I think they are expensive for what they are.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Got no complaints on mine, including the straps. They're not Best quality, but they're good enough.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I had mixed results as well. I bought one new, which wasnt as good as the one that came with a used gun..For the money? Ok..

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have two of the canvas cases from Galazan, also one of their leather cases. The canvas have received more use and have held up just fine. I had the same problem Doverham noted on my leather case with the nails holding the lock pulling out.

I also have the compact toe-under case from Jeff's. It has held up well and I find it a much more convenient size and shape of case. If I buy more, it will be more of Jeff's compact toe-under cases.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Funky canvas color, the straps are too narrow and wood blocks galore. Given a choice, I'd opt for a compact toe under case from Jeff's Outfitters---you'd be glad you did.

http://www.jeffsoutfitters.com/C_LCAS103...p;categoryid=71

Wild Skies
Since 1951
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a green canvas toe under case from Jeff's and it is really compact and neat. Well made in Mexico.
I have a slightly larger such case and when I pull up to the club
a small crowd will roll up and ask me what is in that case? A William Evans 12 bore lives in the first case, you should see their faces when I remove my Remington 1100 Sporter in 28 ga!
Yes Jeff supplies a case especially for autoloaders and it's a lot nicer the the blown plastic Rem factory cases.
Mike

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.