April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (CJF, FelixD, ClapperZapper, Hoot4570, Karl Graebner, 1 invisible), 997 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,476
Posts545,183
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I'm going to preface this by saying that the ACGG is a sponsor on Dave's web site and also if anyone here wins this gun I will personally pay Dave - and it will be more that the usual $10. This gun is not for sale it is the Guilds annual raffle gun but we, the makers on the project, do share in the proceeds.

Anyway, with that disclaimer out of the way here's the scoop. I'm one of three craftsmen involved with creating this custom shotgun. We are, Larry Peters (metalsmith), myself (wood butcher), and Kenny Majors (engraver). Pete Mazur of Grass Valley California was the project chariman and also the metal finisher. If you care to see any more details on the gun and how to purchase a ticket here's the link http://www.acgg.org/raffle/firearm-raffle-projects

Steven Dodd Hughes took the advertizing photos and was kind enough to allow me to use them for posting on the BBS.If you wonder why I chose to show a picture of the forend in particular, it's because this checkering pattern was blatantly stolen from an original Remington 1894 EE and it was REALLY hard to do. So without further adieu here are a couple of Steve's photos of the gun.

Doug Mann
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stunning, Doug. I am sure by the time that checkering pattern was completed you had become a blabbering idiot. An exemplary piece by all craftsmen involved;thanks for sharing.

Craig Libhart

Last edited by Craig Libhart; 08/10/11 09:16 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

As I will be doing a feature article for Shooting Sportsman you will have to wait until then for my take on the details of this gun. Suffice it to say, there are many historic and recent tidbits to relate about the creation of this fine double gun.
I was more than impressed by several features but will post a couple more pix, especially showing Doug Mann's lovely checkering. All of us ACGG members marvel at Doug's ability to make large elaborate checkering patterns that look natural and perfectly home on the guns.
Being something of a double-gun guy, I'm absolutely delighted to have had the opportunity to photograph and view this piece under 1500 watts of tungsten lighting!
Don't be bashful about asking Doug questions!
Best,
Steve
The theme is "Pigeon Gun" and this one is mann sized, so to speak...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow! That looks lovely.

What is it about these old guns that draws us in?
www.firearms4sale.com.au
Sidelock
Sidelock

Beautiful gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Now that is a beauty! Looks a little fancier than my 1900!

Sidelock
Sidelock

WEll DONE! As usual. Congrats to all for a job well done.

Dennis Earl Smith/Benefactor Life NRA, ACGG Professional member
Sidelock
Sidelock

What a beautiful firearm... Just plain gorgeous in every aspect! Great work to all involved!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Where is the idiot who posted pictures of the $160,000 plus dollar German 28 gauge O/U, now? I think he should spend some time comparing the checkering pattern on that gun with this one.
He might learn something. Beautiful gun, I wouldn't know what to do with it. Give it to a museum, I suppose.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks to all for your kind comments and please feel free to ask any questions you might have about the gun.

Ted, quite honestly the gun was made to shoot and it should be shot - often. Pete Mazur was very specific "The gun has to shoot and function perfectly". It does - I shot it in the white when I was finished with the stock work and it work perfectly. I didn't say I broke all the targets blush but the gun worked just fine.

Doug Mann
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.