April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Karl Graebner, Tim in PA, FlyChamps, Jimmy W, NCTarheel), 442 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,212
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

HOS,
Can you elaborate on how to insure guns for airline travel?

Thanks much
Chuck

HOS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a "fine arts" policy on which various possessions of value (art, silver, guns etc.) are itemized. This is an insurance policy that comes up for renewal on an annual basis (not a one-time thing like an airplane flight), like your home owner's policy. My insurance agent has assured me that it covers the itemized property whether it is in my house, in my car or on a plane.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I priced the "fine arts policy" and realized that I could buy another gun every 5 years for the price of the premium for my rather limited accumulation of guns. I guess if I trusted them to airlines more often it might be worthwhile.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Chuck H.

Check out these guys for travel insurance. I have used them several times for travel. Never had a loss but they are very easy to deal with. The policy is an annual policy and reasonable enough.

http://www.siai.net/

Last edited by Chris Baumohl; 07/02/11 12:38 AM.
HOS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The annual premium on my fine arts policy that insures guns etc. is roughly 1.5% of the itemized value of the stuff insured and, as I said before, insures against losses wherever the items are located at time of loss (car, plane, home, away from home).

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I have an "all risks" insurance policy, except for the exclusion of loss from an unlocked car, through Historic Firearms . I'm at home and my policy is at the office but if I remember correctly their minimum coverage is $35,000 and the premium for that is $125 per year which is .36% of insured value per year - I call that cheap. Also, it does not require scheduling individual items except for those guns individually valued at $10,000 or more.

At only $125 a year not insuring is foolhardy.

http://www.historicfirearms.com/

HOS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

That is indeed cheap, but that outfit seems to be an insurance broker, not an insurance company. This is from their website: "We have direct relationships with over 45 major insurance companies and 300+ professionals, including licensed account managers." Who is your insurance carrier?

Sidelock
Sidelock

That does sound like a good deal but I would be interested in hearing from someone about their claims experience. Chub is nowhere near that cheap but they will deliver.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

HOS, yes Eastern Insurance is a broker but that is not an issue. In fact, all of my business insurance including Liability, Workers Compensation, Health and Malpractice are purchased through brokers rather than directly from the insurance company. I received the policy from the insurance company but I haven't been to the office since last Thursday so I don't know who the carrier is and really don't care as long as they are a licensed insurance company, which they are.

I've spoken to several members of the Parker Gun Collectors Association and have heard anecdotal reports that claims have been paid without issue.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Chub is very reasonable through Eastern .I have a blanket policy and there is no deductible.Never had a claim.Bobby

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.