April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Parabola, jake van dyke, Birdog, 1 invisible), 824 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,476
Posts545,191
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
David Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Does anyone have any experience with the Warne Quick Detatch rings and two-piece bases? I am looking at them. I have several sets of Talley Quick Release rings and bases and really like them, but they are well more than twice what the Warne products sell for. Thanks for your help.

Sidelock
Sidelock

David,

I have a set on a Marlin 1895 CB 45-70. I have no complaints. They return the scope nicely to the point of aim. Is there a particular question about them?

Pete

David Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hello PeteM,

You answered my main question, that they return to point of aim. Thanks very much.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have several sets on my rifles. They look good, and return to zero.

They did have some quality control issues though. Ring halves seldom matched up and all had to be reamed with a 1" Clymer scope ring reamer to prevent denting the scope body. They also sent out defective base mounting screws at one time, they snapped off regularly. (Lest anyone think I was meathanded, to their credit they admitted the problem).

They were a pain in the ass to get right but once they were right they were good.

Customer service was good but I like to think that the best customer service is the one that I don't need, they get it right the first time.

I still have a couple of sets that I'll probably use just because I have them but if I were buying new I'd spend the extra money for the Talley's and be done with it

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have used several sets of each on personal and clients' rifles. Even if the Talleys were 5x as much, I still would not use Warne if the decision were up to me.

skunk out
David Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks to eveyone for their comments. This helps.

Best,
David

Originally Posted By: Marc Stokeld
I have used several sets of each on personal and clients' rifles. Even if the Talleys were 5x as much, I still would not use Warne if the decision were up to me.
Because???

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.