May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (R Reynolds, 2 invisible), 282 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,518
Posts545,713
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well shoot my new 21 today for the first time.First impressions was the gun is way to short.Its about 13 and 1/4 lop.I like 14 3/4 lop now.Second was the pitch on the gun was about 7 to 8 degree's the wrong way.The first shoot, the gun slipped right off my shoulder.It was hard to get it to stay in the pocket.This gun was made to shoot vary high targets with the lop, pitch and Full and full barrels it has.I loved the long barrels and single trigger.Shot vary nice.I think it will make a great sporting clay gun when i get the stock worked out.The 21's seem to be vary well built.

Last edited by pawnbroker; 05/23/11 03:35 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd be tempted to add some spacers or a block on the end and try it some more. As you increase LOP, the effective drop increases as well. So, more length equals lower shooting gun. Tweak the stock dimensions until it's working for you well. Then send it off to be replicated by a stockmaker.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: mike campbell

3) why 2 of the same chokes in a dblgun? First, consider how many superb clays shooters don't feel disadvantaged at all with a single choke in an autoloader. Second, consider that, outside of skeet and trap where all the targets are taken within a fairly narrow range of distance, choke is always a compromise. Seldom do you have the ideal choke for both targets in sporting clays. Having 2 chokes with anything less than 10 difference between the two is just silly. With a difference of 10 or more points, you'll be agonizing over which one to use for which target and sure enough you'll be calling for the targets wondering if one is too open and the other too tight. Better to have 2 that are always enough, without ever thinking about it. Twiddling with choke tubes and barrel selectors is a distraction. Mental focus is a scarce commodity on the clays course; gadgets don't help.

QFT (quoted for truth)

People spend way too much time fiddling with their chokes instead of worrying about hitting the bird. I'm not missing because my choke is too open, I'm missing because I missed.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I have to agree.I leave mod chokes in all the time.If you are putting the gun where it needs to be you will break targets.It all comes down to focusing on the bird.Having to much choke never hurts.Having not enough hurts really bad.

Last edited by pawnbroker; 05/23/11 07:56 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Lone Cowboy
]

QFT (quoted for truth)

People spend way too much time fiddling with their chokes instead of worrying about hitting the bird. I'm not missing because my choke is too open, I'm missing because I missed.

Exactly.

Ole Cowboy
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.