April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,022 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,124
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

A friend of mine would like for me to sell a couple of his guns including the Baker Gun Company Sterling grade 12 gauge Single Barrel Trap gun pictured below. He doesnt get to gun shows anymore and doesnt do computers, so Im trying to find out what a fair selling price would be. Im thinking $1200 to $1500 which is less than what he values it at.
It has a 32 full choke vent rib barrel with a middle bead, straight grip stock thats 14 inches to the back of a solid rubber recoil pad with trap shooting dimensions. Barrel blue is about 98%, no dents, pits or rust. Receiver is blued and shows about 97%. Some blue wear on the bottom of the fore end iron and trigger guard.
The original pad or butt plate has been replaced by a Silvers type unmarked solid rubber pad. Butt stock looks like it was nicely refinished when the pad was added. Appears to be a repaired area on the right side of the stock in the checkering. Looks like there were two vertical dents in the checkering but maybe steamed out and smoothed over and recheckered.
Fore end looks like it has the original finish and is all there.
Gun has serial number 48831, weighs 8 pounds, has no safety, functions fine including the auto ejector.

Not a double but the gun comes from good double gun heritage so I think this is a suitable topic on a double gun forum.

See the pictures for more detail. More pix available.
Thanks in advance for any and all opinions offered, even negative ones.

Jolly

[img]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i117/jollybill2006/IMG_0499.jpg[/img]

Sidelock
Sidelock

I just bought one for $1,000 at an auction that was in a little better shape, no repairs. I say your price in right on. I think I got mine pretty cheap. Frank

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.