April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (WJW), 1,065 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,142
Members14,409
Most Online1,299
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#228917 05/17/11 08:34 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Once again I wish to thank the GunMakers who gave so generously of themselves and their time.

Doug Turnbull, Risk Manson,Jim Bisio, Paul Lindke and sitting Jerry Fisher

Jerry showing a student how to make his stock better

Doug Showing proper use of a file

Paul Lindke and Jim Bisio talking to students.

I have many more photo's and if you would like I will post some more.

Michael J

WJL Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Please do

WJL #228944 05/17/11 10:33 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Turnbull guns

Lunch

Model 21 by Jim Bisio

Steve Bertrams work

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice to see the professionals giving back.

For the record, the person identified as Risk Manson is Rick Mason, who became an ACGG member stockmaker this year.

Good shooting.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Michael:

I am truly impressed with the effort and vision which you apply to your trade. Your students are most fortunate. The future of fine gunmaking will be the better for your efforts, and we thank you for it.

Most respectfully,

Glenn Fewless

Vice President
American Custom Gunmakers Guild

There is no sacrifice too great for someone else to make.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Wapiti you are right I hade just ordered a reamer from Dave and had his name on my mind.

Glenn thank you for the very kind words and if you ever venture this way please be sure to stop by.

Michael J

Last edited by MichaelJ; 05/19/11 10:28 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jerry & Celeste Fisher stopped in Livingston for coffee today on their way home and we chatted for a couple of hours. Jerry told me he was shown a students "Finished" stock and was handed a file and turned loose. Apparently there were Lots of new wood chips on the floor when he quit... and the stock was no longer "finished" but more nearly completed.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Steve,
That is absolutely true and the "finished" stock was the students first attempt at making a stock. Jerry was kind enough to show him what he considered the way he would change it to look more complete or if you will more classic. The student was very pleased for the critiquing and has since gone about finishing the changes Jerry pointed out. All the students were happy to have the chance to see this and listen to Jerry's comments. As Jerry himself related he long ago destroyed his first stock to hide the evidence. It was great to have all these Guild Members spend time with the students and point them in the right direction. We are truly indebted to them.

Michael J

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.