April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Jimmy W, earlyriser, 1 invisible), 423 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,231
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Be a lot easier if this BBS hosted it's own pictures like every other BBS, instead of having to use a hosting service like Photobucket that may not be here next year, all that info lost...

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Recoil Rob
Be a lot easier if this BBS hosted it's own pictures like every other BBS, instead of having to use a hosting service like Photobucket that may not be here next year, all that info lost...

Aw here we go again. There have been several photo hosting services besides Photobucket that failed or became defunct. The old Lefever Forum was hacked several years ago, and even the Site Administrators were unable to get in or access anything for weeks. I was able to find a backdoor that permitted them to at least be able to retrieve some of the information stored in the archives there. But they lost control of their forum, and the original site is now gone. I abandoned my efforts to help them further when the LACA started a new Forum to replace the one which became inaccessible. I just didn't find membership in LACA to be a good value anymore.

It couldn't be easier to post photos here. Upload, Copy, Paste, Submit. We see new guys who can figure it out, and even foreign members who can barely speak English are somehow able to post photos here. But there simply are no digital data storage mediums that are fail-safe. A good sized Carrington Event type solar flare or a well placed EMP could take out Google's or Apple's servers, so even Cloud Storage could fail. PC Hard drives fail. The newer SSD's are worse for long term data storage than the old HDD Drives that wear out mechanically. CD's, USB Drives, and DVD's all become corrupted or useless over time. Magnetic tape and VHS deteriorates. Playback and retrieval formats become obsolete. None of them have near the longevity of stone tablets or pencil writing on acid free paper. All anyone can do is try to back-up any files of photos or other information they wish to save. And then you will eventually have to back-up your back-up.

If Dave invested the time and money to host photos here, there would still be people complaining. And if anything happened to cause a loss of images being stored here, the same people would be blaming Dave for that too.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I've been posting here since the old board in the late 1990's, I know how to do it.
I've told countless others how to do it.
There's just no reason for it anymore. Given a choice I can't imagine anyone would rather keep using a hosting service than drag and drop.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Recoil Rob
I've been posting here since the old board in the late 1990's, I know how to do it.
I've told countless others how to do it.
There's just no reason for it anymore. Given a choice I can't imagine anyone would rather keep using a hosting service than drag and drop.

So many things in life are hard. Maintaining my house and property is often hard. Laying on cold pavement and working on my truck and car is hard. Often, my job can be physically and/or mentally hard. Raising kids can be hard. Even walking through brush and briars while hunting can be hard. If I ever won a huge Powerball jackpot, I would pay others to do some of those difficult or dirty tasks. But I still wouldn't feel the need to pay someone to post a couple pictures on DoubleGunShop.

A couple extra mouse clicks is about as close to effortless as it gets. Think of it as a physical workout where you burn about 1/4 of a calorie, and raise your cardiac rate about zero beats per minute.

But if someone who finds posting photos here too tedious would just contact Dave and offer to pay whatever it costs to host photos here, I bet he might consider it. And I'm going to go out on a limb and say there's a better chance of having MSNBC and CNN endorse Trump for President.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by keith
[ my job can be physically and/or mentally hard.

I would not have described a door greeter at Walmart that way, but Okay, if you say so.

I sent you a PM(several really), have frAnk hold you tight and act as an emotional support Bear for you. It would be great if you could muster the courage to open it. I feel direct communication between us might be the best way for our relationship to prosper, see my most recent note to you.

All my best lil billie.
Steve

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by SKB
Originally Posted by keith
[ my job can be physically and/or mentally hard.

I would not have described a door greeter at Walmart that way, but Okay, if you say so.

I sent you a PM(several really), have frAnk hold you tight and act as an emotional support Bear for you. It would be great if you could muster the courage to open it. I feel direct communication between us might be the best way for our relationship to prosper, see my most recent note to you.

All my best lil billie.
Steve

It would have been nice if Stevie had posted something positive here... like perhaps a suggestion that all of those who do Free Advertising of business ventures in their taglines finally pay Dave Weber the $12.00 fee for each and every sale made as a result of those Free Ads.

Then maybe Dave could use some of those funds to pay for Photo Hosting and software upgrades that people like Recoil Rob and the Nutty Professor are constantly whining about. Nevermind that the vast majority of us have no problems posting photos or other content here. What this Forum really needs is a "Safe Space and Cry Room" for Liberals and Free Advertising Freeloaders.

I have already publicly notified SKB Stevie that I won't be responding to the slew of Spam PM's he/she has been sending to me. I recently even opened several of these pathetic Spam PM's and posted them here for all to see. But Stevie continues to send more every time he/she is triggered by something I post. I'm assuming this little tantrum happened because I pointed out the totally incorrect and potentially damaging advice he/she gave to a member about removing a screw from a Dan'l Fraser 20 ga. gun in my post #642926 here:

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=638566&page=3

So that pathetic bipolar meltdown behavior is obviously continuing. If he/she has anything to say to me, then he/she should do it here in the open forum so that everyone can see the depth of Liberal Left lunacy exhibited by this fruitcake.

It is also sad that SKB Stevie continues to try to impose his/her deviant lifestyle onto jOe and I. Nobody's buying it. Everyone knows who the ponytailed, Birkenstock wearing, Festivus celebrating, never married (to a female), Trump bashing Liberal here is. It must be a source of PRIDE to have all the qualifications to be a member of Joe Biden's Cabinet!

Here's a nice little flag that Stevie could use as an avatar... just to show we don't need Photo Hosting for the simple task of posting images here. I timed myself and it took a whole 16 seconds.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Pretty weak sauce for one of your rants. How about upping your game a bit? I pay good money for this entertainment and frAnkly, you have been underwhelming as of late.

You totally left out my love of peace and the fact that I eat granola wink

All my best you putz.
Steve

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.